• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

Describe "done" Jeff ! :poke:

Wife, using our dearly departed Daughter's camera, sure gets the colour better than my tired old shop camera..
View attachment 960672 View attachment 960673 View attachment 960674 View attachment 960675 View attachment 960676
Describe "done" Jeff ! :poke:

Wife, using our dearly departed Daughter's camera, sure gets the colour better than my tired old shop camera..
View attachment 960672 View attachment 960673 View attachment 960674 View attachment 960675 View attachment 960676
nice Bee, my friend Dave Talbot had the same car, same colour in Victoria BC. Fast car!

Well I followed the FSM's 90in-lb and a notch back on the retainer after reinstalling my brakes / tension spring change last week and now both front hubs are loose. Back to old school like I've done them for 40+ years. Snug 'till rotation speed is compromised and back off a touch. Not too worried that it might be a bearing issue as I bought OLD stock Timkens, not chinesiums and have installed hundreds of bearings in my life time. I should have just reused the 51 year olds.

Exactly, I've always done them by feel and never had a problem.

New ones will "loosen up" after a bit of a drive, too, sometimes....

New ones will "loosen up" after a bit of a drive, too, sometimes....
This is the forth time I've "played" with the front hubs, so they should be seated this round...and the last. It didn't loosen a bit, full rock like a hub gone bad on a Trailblazer, Jeep, F150 or any other vehicle with the POS throw away hubs.

While the youngest Daughter's wedding was the reason the Bee got finished, the older Daughter's demise was the reason it got started in the first place. Hard to believe how life flies by, but at 10:32AM tomorrow it will be 5 years since Jennifer took her last breath at just 30 years old. SO glad she took this shot of us in August 2014 as it was our last flight together, and she probably knew that.

She made damn sure we'd remember her date, as it's also the Wife and I's 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Had planned a rerun to City Hall in the Bee (same car we got married in!), but looks like rain all day so that seems to be out as a much needed distraction. Guess we'll just have to sit in the shop and hug in the back seat! :rolleyes:
jenwayneflying2014.jpg

While the youngest Daughter's wedding was the reason the Bee got finished, the older Daughter's demise was the reason it got started in the first place. Hard to believe how life flies by, but at 10:32AM tomorrow it will be 5 years since Jennifer took her last breath at just 30 years old. SO glad she took this shot of us in August 2014 as it was our last flight together, and she probably knew that.

She made damn sure we'd remember her date, as it's also the Wife and I's 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Had planned a rerun to City Hall in the Bee (same car we got married in!), but looks like rain all day so that seems to be out as a much needed distraction. Guess we'll just have to sit in the shop and hug in the back seat! :rolleyes:
View attachment 983591
What a beautiful girl, cant imagine your loss, god bless you, you are much stonger than me.

Such a sad reminder of the brevity of life. May the Lord give you and yours nothing but blessings from here on out.

As a parent, our kids ain't supposed to go before we do....my condolences go out to you man along with your wife and family also.

You have suffered through a parents worst nightmare, a child passing before you do. I can't imagine the pain and I applaud your courage.

View attachment 983591
At the least, a hug (maybe a kiss also). Sorry again. I'm sure she loves the 'Bee' though!

Auto Transport Service
Back