• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner....another one!

By the way, being that this is my first build....I'm open to suggestions if you see anything I'm doing incorrectly.

But, before you get too far with the front end, be sure to paint the sides of the radiator support and latch tray support satin black. Nothin' worse than seeing that orange paint through the grille.

Other than that, nice job!

5330748-1969-plymouth-road-runner-std-c.jpg

Lookin good! I've debated redoing mine, but it's still good enough for me, and on a car forever trapped in primer.
Coyote Duster b.JPG

It's been hard getting in the garage this summer with kids at home....but they go back to school next week. I did get a chance to paint the boxes and get them installed.

IMG_3223.PNG

Got the new wing window frames from Tony...holy **** are they expensive. But they look good. I just couldn't put my old pitted ones back on. Door hardware and glass back in. I found some new backing board for the door panels and used my old one as a template for clip placement. The original vinyl was in great condition....just needed worked with a bit of Armor All.

IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3386.JPG

Can you share anything that will help the rest of use with door re assembly? like the glass and vent window assembly?? I keep trying to figure out what goes in first and how to put the vent glass, seal, and all the other stuff together...looking at the service manual hmmmm let me see here...anybody have a sequence of assembly for us ?
HR 20

Can you share anything that will help the rest of use with door re assembly? like the glass and vent window assembly?? I keep trying to figure out what goes in first and how to put the vent glass, seal, and all the other stuff together...looking at the service manual hmmmm let me see here...anybody have a sequence of assembly for us ?
HR 20

I'm not sure of any particular order. I know I didn't want to try to put door locks and latches in with the glass in the door... So, I put everything in the door first. The latch, linkage and locks all went in first. You'll also need to get your window regulator put in as well. It becomes a bit of a challenge trying to hold the glass up while you fiddle around with the regulator. The wing window and door glass all go in as one unit. You'll need to get the slider put in the door as well. I had 3 people to help with this process. Take your time and go slow. I covered the edge of the doors with masking tape so I wouldn't scratch the paint. Getting the wing window lined up properly takes time. There are 2 bolts on the front frame part of the wing window that lock it in place. You'll need to have someone hold the door glass up while you accomplish this. Once you get the wing window in position, you can bring up your regulator and lock in the door glass. It's really kinda hard to explain by typing. I was lucky as I had a fully complete door that I kept just for this purpose. I was able to disassemble the door and re - remember how everything goes back together.

Question if anyone can help.

Was there a switch on the clutch pedal similar to a neutral safety switch? Seems to me that the starter shouldn't engage unless the clutch pedal is depressed. I could be wrong I guess....but just doesn't make sense for safety purposes.

My car was an auto and I wired it with an aftermarket harness so I'm of no help on what they did or didn't have however I can help if you want a neutral safety. Since the starter relay only needs a ground all that is needed is a switch (I used a brake light switch) with 1 side grounded and the other side going to the relay. Very simple to add if it's not already in the harness.

Nice work, coming along very nicely :thumbsup:

Wow. That's exciting! Hope it all goes well!

She's alive....still need to cut the tail pipes and mount the exhaust tips. Busted my brand new windshield too. Gotta try to figure out how to put that in.

Auto Transport Service
Back