• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 8th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Here We Go Again!!!

I'll take:

TF Antron Brown
FC: Matt Hagan
PS: Bo Butner

Good luck all!

Vegas 4 wide

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Ron Capps

P/S Bo Butner

Good luck everyone

Interesting results to a poll on www.competition.com.
They asked for fans views of 4-Wide drag racing and if there views have changed. Here are the early results after 217 votes:
3% - I didn't like it at first but now I do
82% - I didn't like it then, and still don't now
14% - I've liked it the whole time

Head over to www.competition.com and let your feelings be known.

We went to the first one in Charlotte in 2010. It was pretty neat to see something different.

Any type of change takes a long time to be accepted

It's better live than on TV for sure
too bad they don't have bigger field, like 32 cars
like they did when it was done a long time ago, in the hay-day
but the NHRA can't hardly even get 16 now !!

I still don't like the 1000' T/F & F/C classes BS,
I'm sure most loyal faithful & especially long time drag racers,
don't like it either !! probably in the upper 80%-tile too,
that didn't stop the idiots in power, the one with the $$$ from doing it...

19th annual Denso Spark Plugs NHRA 4-Wide Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 81F, 20% relative humidity, barometer 27.66, adjusted altitude 4,461', track temp 106F

TF: Billy Torrence, 3.819; Scott Palmer @ 314.68
FC: Robert Hight, 3.963 @ 321.42
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.669 @ 206.45

Q2

Weather: 88F, 18% relative humidity, barometer 27.57, adjusted altitude 5,044', track temp 125F

TF: Antron Brown, 3.772 @ 324.83
FC: Robert Hight, 3.963 @ 321.42

Q3

Weather: 88F, 34% relative humidity, barometer 27.61, adjusted altitude 5,064', track temp 111F

TF: Antron Brown, 3.772 @ 324.83

FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.932; Robert Hight @ 321.42

Q4
Weather: 93F, 28% relative humidity, barometer 27.52, adjusted altitude 5,627', track temp 123F

TF: Tony Schumacher, 3.765 @ 328.46

FC: Courtney Force, 3.927 @ 326.40

NHRA is not showing TV coverage of the final round of qualifying so I will not post qualifying bonus points until tomorrow. It may not be until after the race TV coverage because our monthly Inland Mopars Car Club meeting is tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Any type of change takes a long time to be accepted
I still don't like the 1000' T/F & F/C classes BS,
I'm sure most loyal faithful & especially long time drag racers,
don't like it either !! probably in the upper 80%-tile too...

I'm a traditionalist and much prefer a full 1320, but I understand the 1000' limit in TF and FC in the interest of safety. Some tracks, like Pomona, have short shut-off areas and no land available to extend them.
Remember with Gary Densham hit the sandbox at Pomona a couple of years ago and his FC was torn up by the catch net and cables? Past the end of the sandbox is another chain link fence on the end of the Fairplex property, a roadway and then a hillside. Absolutely no room to extend the shutoff area.

Wow this sucks ...from the wind storms here etc I didn't have internet til tonight .....couldn't post my picks in time

Wow this sucks ...from the wind storms here etc I didn't have internet til tonight .....couldn't post my picks in time

Nick, per game rules I carried over your picks from the last event but they're not eligible for event bonus points.
You can change these picks as long as you post them before the start of eliminations on Sunday - but still no event bonus points.
You might consider 'locking' your picks for occasions like this. If you 'lock' your picks, you can still change them for individual events - your picks will revert back to your 'locked' picks going forward unless you notify me otherwise.
That way you'll be guaranteed to have picks available for event bonus points at all events.

Hey - I just realized GP isn't playing this year. Reed?

I hadn't noticed GPuller wasn't playing :blah:
shows how on-top of stuff I am... :lol:

Same here ! Wow I didn’t realize he was not here either. Hope all is ok ! Have anyone seen him post lately?

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the Denso Spark Plug NHRA 4-Wide Nationals, the fourth event of the 2018 NHRA season.

Congratulations to 'SSG Karg' (FABO) for winning "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2nd consecutive event with a nice point total of 72.0 points.
'Budnicks' was the top FBBO picker with 57.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Tony Schumacher, 3.765 during qualifying
Speed - Tony Schumacher, 328.46 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Courtney Force, 3.927 during qualifying
Speed - Courtney Force, 326.40 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson, 6.669 during qualifying
Speed - Greg Anderson, 206.45 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 4th event of the 2018 season:
346.5 - SSG_Karg (FABO) +1 in the game standings
345.0 - Duster79 (FABO) -1
322.5 - alsant (FBBO) +1
312.5 - stroked340 (FABO) +2
302.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) -2
296.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) -1
289.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
276.5 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
266.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) no change
266.0 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
251.0 - ocdart (FABO) no change
243.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
207.5 - memike (FABO) no change
171.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change

The 5th race of the 2018 season, the 31st annual NHRA SpringNationals, is April 20-22, at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, April 20 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 5:00PM EDT (2:00 PM PDT).
The SpringNationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 16 Top Fuel, 17 Funny Car and 14 Pro Stock entries, but the counts are subject to change. Keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist05.aspx for an updated entry list.
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Same here ! Wow I didn’t realize he was not here either. Hope all is ok ! Have anyone seen him post lately?
He was on a day or two ago - I saw a post. That's what got me thinking that I didn't remember him in the game.

Nice pickin' Bud! Not much movement in a positive direction for any of us - except alsant (nice job!). Seems like the overall number of players is down quite a bit.

Here's your "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder for the 31st annual NHRA SpringNationals that starts Friday, April 20th.
The entry list currently shows:
17 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.

The current forecast calls for a high temps of 68F on Friday with a 40% chance of rain, 74F on Saturday with light rain starting about 2PM, and 76F on Sunday.

The current entry list shows:

Get your picks posted!

Ill go with

TF Antron Brown
FC Matt Hagan
PS Greg Anderson

Auto Transport Service
Back