• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

245/60R 15 vs 255/60R 15

They are Cooper Cobras, I just mounted them white letters in. I purchased mine locally but you might want to check one of the mail order houses. If they have them the prices seem pretty reasonable.

They are Cooper Cobras, I just mounted them white letters in. I purchased mine locally but you might want to check one of the mail order houses. If they have them the prices seem pretty reasonable.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it, and I like the way they look on your Charger! I’m curious, did you consider the Mickey Thompson ET S/S, or is that too radical for what you want from your tires? I’m interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

I just put on a 245/60/15 Cooper Cobras on a 15x8 with 4 1/2 backspace on the front of my 70 Charger. No rubbing issues at all. The rim is very close to the upper control arm. A 4 1/4 backspace 15x8 would work perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it, and I like the way they look on your Charger! I’m curious, did you consider the Mickey Thompson ET S/S, or is that too radical for what you want from your tires? I’m interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

Thanks. The Charger is going to be a road course car and I wanted a set of correct size tires that weren't too expensive to get the car built and work the bugs out. Once it's done and sorted out, I will probably get another set of stickier track tires on different wheels for it.

I have the the ET Street R's on the back of my hemi GTX and like them, they are sticky once you get them hot. We have Mickey Sportsman S/T's on my wife's Rambler and Cooper Cobra's on my '71 Road Runner. IMO, they are very comparable in performance. As stated by someone else, the Mickey's have a little more of a traditional white letter, but the Cooper does still have a block white letter. Both tires have worked well for us.

I just put on a 245/60/15 Cooper Cobras on a 15x8 with 4 1/2 backspace on the front of my 70 Charger. No rubbing issues at all. The rim is very close to the upper control arm. A 4 1/2 backspace 15x8 would work perfect.
Thanks for your input! No such thing as TMI, in this regard! I appreciate it!

Thanks. The Charger is going to be a road course car and I wanted a set of correct size tires that weren't too expensive to get the car built and work the bugs out. Once it's done and sorted out, I will probably get another set of stickier track tires on different wheels for it.

I have the the ET Street R's on the back of my hemi GTX and like them, they are sticky once you get them hot. We have Mickey Sportsman S/T's on my wife's Rambler and Cooper Cobra's on my '71 Road Runner. IMO, they are very comparable in performance. As stated by someone else, the Mickey's have a little more of a traditional white letter, but the Cooper does still have a block white letter. Both tires have worked well for us.
Thanks Again, Outlaw! I value the info!

What rim size did you use, i have a 71 roadrunner looking at 15x8 in back in 15x7 in front, can i go bigger

Forgive me.. my oversight.. 1972 Road Runner 440 4-spd
72 has a lot of room for tires. Ran 255s on the '71 Charger with 7" wide rims and 3.5" offset. The 68-70 need a smaller tire or more rim offset. I put those rims/tires on the '69 Coronet, and they "fit", but on full turn I have caught / touched the wheel well trim.

I run Cooper Cobra tires 255/70/15 all around on my 3rd gen Charger on A/R 15x8 and still have room. I went with 70 series to get a taller tire to help fill out the opening. Makes a great footprint and these tires handle wet roads really nice.
Just my opinion and experience and that’s all.
:xscuseless:
:thumbsup: :luvplace:

0B60950E-C821-496B-9E80-C3390395DA2D.jpeg 8463E818-9489-4C2C-A84D-562E21ECB7AE.jpeg 39406650-096A-42FB-8E5C-7F4030401308.jpeg 15DE9FC0-9ADB-4B86-9AA2-2A1B1A1E04B9.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back