• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$35k?

I sold my 69 RR 12 years ago for $25K. New paint and bodywork, new interior, rebuilt 440 engine, four-speed. Non numbers matching. I felt 25K was a fair price and the buyer did as well.

New wheels5.jpg

first guy shows, says price is right....BUT...sale is pending....either seller is hoping for offer greater than or buyer may not have the money in reserve and arranging loan acceptance....guess he has 99 more offer to entertain. Is this Denmark...?

That statement also says loud and clear that 9 out of 10 folks are tire kickers pure and simple....this part of the comment is the most believable.

I sold my 69 RR 12 years ago for $25K. New paint and bodywork, new interior, rebuilt 440 engine, four-speed. Non numbers matching. I felt 25K was a fair price and the buyer did as well.

View attachment 1273083
The market certainly has changed. I bought my GTX coming up to 4 years ago for $21k. A very decent driver quality car. (But starting to show some trouble areas.) I would rate car a solid 3. (A step up of the orange RR condition, but not a #2 condition car as of today.) Stock performing 440 non numbers matching 4-speed/Dana 3.54:1 rear.

Has GTX doubled in price in less than 4 years? It's starting to look as if it may have. (I would not trade GTX for that orange RR even up.)

Last edited:
1000 people seems a bit excessive.
100 Maybe. 1st one shows up and its JUST pending.

No offense to the owner. But sounds fishy.

But time will tell I guess

As to the current market

Yes, its changed a lot the past 2 years. And A LOT in the past 5 years or so.

I have had several offers to sell mine ,,,even a couple offers on my car that double what I paid for it 18 months ago.
I know I shouldn't have,,,, but all have been turned down.

NOW<<<<<<< if they decide triple my money. Deep down, I think I would be a fool to say no.

Last edited:
I actually had to check the date on this chat. Where have u guys been? $35,000 is a good price for a 70 roadrunner! A lot has changed since COVID. I am not sure if the prices are here to stay, but go out and try to buy a decent muscle car these days. Don’t get much for 35k these days!

I actually had to check the date on this chat. Where have u guys been? $35,000 is a good price for a 70 roadrunner! A lot has changed since COVID. I am not sure if the prices are here to stay, but go out and try to buy a decent muscle car these days. Don’t get much for 35k these days!

This is true.

I have commuter cars for work as well as a newer truck, besides my classics. I know you cant buy as much in a new car for $35K, so the market for a show-able classic sounds about right, granted I wouldn't buy a car without seeing it in person.

I was looking at buying a used newer sedan daily driver and most $h1tb0x3$ under 100,000 miles are around $15K or more.
It really makes a nice muscle car look like a deal in comparison.

I was looking at buying a used newer sedan daily driver and most $h1tb0x3$ under 100,000 miles are around $15K or more.
It really makes a nice muscle car look like a deal in comparison.
But is yours back to new? Took my Plymouth over 50 years.

Christine was right shitters. Just have to believe.

20180823_115241.jpg

So ......

I was interested in this car and sent the seller a private message. This was his reply:

I had over 1000 people show interest within 12 hours of posting. Almost 100 saying 'want to buy'. 1st guy already showed up this morning to look at car and sale is now pending. He said he felt he was practically stealing the car at $35,000.

I would suggest to you that the market has indicated, IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that the value of the car was a least $35,000. Over 1000 people showing interest? Sounds like it was worth a lot more than $35,000 if you ask me.
1000 people in 12 hours is quite amazing. There are only 720 minutes in that time block, so it must have been quite fatiguing to be fielding more than one email, text or phone-call per minute.

Auto Transport Service
Back