• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 core motor

Gpuller

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
We have an '05 Durango in our shop that I think dropped a valve seat. We are replacing the motor with a reman. The core charge on the old motor is $500. What ya all think about keeping the core motor if it did drop a seat?
Will know once we get it tore down a little further.
I see a turboed 5.7 in my '66...long way down the road. ha ha ha

A co worker of mine did the same with his. Dropped #6 rod. I was going to buy the truck for scrap value + 100 bucks, to use as parts for mine, but he got rid of it before I could get to it.

As long as the block isn't damaged, I'd go for it.

Block looks good just a bunch of pieces of rod in the pan.
Still kicking it around, do I really "need" a blown up 5.7?? ha ha ha

Get it, build a stroker. Make 600+ hp on pump gas. Or strip it down and sell off the parts. I know cleans bare blocks can get as much as $450.

I scored one that did the same thing except it put 2 holes in the block. But somehow the crank was fine. It was free which vant be beat. In your case the block is ok. I take it the heads are ok too. Its worth it. There are a lot of fun things yoy can do with them.

I have about 15 forged 6.1 cranks laying around if you want one. Ill make you a smokin deal. Even 5.7 block are hard to come by. More and more folks are building gen 3 motors. unfortunately wrecking yards think the gen3 motors are made of gold

I have about 15 forged 6.1 cranks laying around if you want one. Ill make you a smokin deal. Even 5.7 block are hard to come by. More and more folks are building gen 3 motors. unfortunately wrecking yards think the gen3 motors are made of gold
How much for a 6.1 crank?

Hear you on the price of gen3 motors. When this Durango came in we looked for a used engine, for just a little more money we put in a reman. Up here used motors are $1800-$2000 with 130,000 miles.
I know guys who are using LS motors in their derby cars, and picking them up for $500.
Yes, what is the price of a crank?
I haven't been to work the past 3 days, maybe the motor went back as a core.

$200 plus shipping on a forged crank. I just want them out of the shop. Too many sitting around

Auto Transport Service
Back