• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Looks good to have them joined together.
I’m glad the doctor is recovering well also.

Yea it was a lot of work and took a lot out of me.... It sits a tad lower now but maybe it will sit down more, still has a little more weight to go on. The caltracs are in the lowest setting, may put some 1" or 2" lowering blocks on it..

20190505_192241.jpg

Last edited:
Such a great feeling getting that motor mounted back in the car. Congrats!

Added a few items today. Funny, I just noticed the windows on the carb, neato.. ha

20190510_202616.jpg 20190510_202715.jpg 20190510_191717.jpg

Awesome - it is really coming together now! It has been a long road but the light is at the end of the tunnel!

Nice Job!

Hawk

Light at the end of the tunnel, ha..
I rubber mounted the radiator today, same way as I did the fuel cell..

20190511_213523.jpg

Mounted the ignition box and started messing with the engine harness, which I'm not looking forward to installing.

20190512_203304.jpg

What brand valve covers are those, and curious if you are going to use a PCV valve?

Also did you use any foam to seal the radiator to the sheetmetal. It will help with cooling forcing the air to go through the radiator and not around.
Looking good Kid.

Mounted the ignition box and started messing with the engine harness, which I'm not looking forward to installing.

View attachment 765282
I actually did not think the engine harness was bad at all. It is where you can see it, and work on it and route it. Under the dash is another story....

What brand valve covers are those, and curious if you are going to use a PCV valve?
Those are summit brand covers, not sure who actually makes them tho.
I will probably get a pcv, I assume it would be better off with one, right?

Also did you use any foam to seal the radiator to the sheetmetal. It will help with cooling forcing the air to go through the radiator and not around.
Looking good Kid.
That is a good idea, may do that.

I actually did not think the engine harness was bad at all. It is where you can see it, and work on it and route it. Under the dash is another story....
If it was a stock harness I'd feel better but it is an e-ignition conversion harness from M&H. It didn't come with a schematic so I'll have to figure out the differences, unless I can find a drawing for this situation.

Last edited:
Yes, should have a breather on one side and a PCV valve on the other.

i have the same valve covers check the gromet size before you ordering a pcv, those covers have a 1.16 grommet size or hole size. i believe, going into them, i ordered the wrong size the first time. looking fantastic by the way, you gotta be excited with the motor sitting in there, won't be long till IT'S ALIVE!

Got a new Hughes locking trans dipstick & tube installed. And a Quick Fuel supply line and gauge for the carb. Speaking of the carb, Does anyone know which one of those vacuum line ports I should hook to the distributor advance? It appears they pull from different sides of the butterfly which I'd think might make a difference.

20190514_202831.jpg 20190514_202610.jpg 20190514_182649.jpg

Last edited:
More motor goodies.. MSD coil, s/s overflow tank, Accel header plugs, Mr Gasket temp gauge radiator cap, Tuff stuff voltage reg, s/s trans lines.. Gotta figure out a new place for the coil since the carb is in the way of the stock spot. Any ideas?

20190522_192304.jpg 20190522_211034.jpg

Last edited:

Those valve covers are very very close to the aluminum ones sold by 440 Source. And I would put in a pcv valve.

More motor goodies.. MSD coil, s/s overflow tank, Accel header plugs, Mr Gasket temp gauge radiator cap, Tuff stuff voltage reg, s/s trans lines.. Gotta figure out a new place for the coil since the carb is in the way of the stock spot. Any ideas?

View attachment 770943 View attachment 770944
Either you fabricate a custom bracket for the coil to keep it in proximity of the original location or you jump off the reservation and mount it on the right side apron somewhere. I run the monster Accel super coil that has a nice place on the inner apron and I don't have a 12 ft. coil wire..
Your doing a bitchen job Kid :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back