• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I just realized that now might be the best time to put the rear window in. I'll probably have to get up in the trunk to do it so the lid and fuel cell would be in the way. I'll finish the lid now, get the window in, then put the lid on.

Just sit in the package tray to do the butyl tape... find a helper to help you lift the glass in..

beerestoration2019 050.JPG beerestoration2019 063.JPG

I had to drill all the holes for the rear window trim clips and install them before putting the lid on. I replaced all the metal around the window and hadn't got around to doing that... And finally got the lid on.

20190317_224037.jpg 20190318_002616.jpg 20190318_002732.jpg 20190318_002849.jpg

Last edited:
Got the fuel pump and filter mounted and plumbed. Not sure what type line I'll will go from there forward with.

20190319_210007.jpg 20190319_205820.jpg

Last edited:
Getting ready for the windshield install scheduled for this friday. A local auto glass company is who I'm getting to do it. Bill for pilkington glass and install is $417. I have a new gasket ready and I took it off the dollies and lowered it down to make it easier for them. I'm putting the trim back on myself, not that I don't trust the installers but I don't.

20190327_193851.jpg

Last edited:
It's the 1st time I've had it sitting at near ride height. I've been curious about getting in and out of it. Sitting up hi like it was made it hard to figure an easy way, so I've been wanting to let down and see how it would go. WELL, Here is what's funny.. I've made myself a car that I can't even get in to, or out of! LOL. It's almost impossible. Maybe I just need to lose some beer belly! So now I'm looking at removable steering wheels I guess., I didn't and still don't want to put swing out door bars on it. Or,, maybe I could mod/bend the door bar section from the connecter at the shoulder to the frwd floor plates., or make a new one. I have some leftover bar long enough. I don't have a bender tho. Hate to have to buy one for one bend.

It's the 1st time I've had it sitting at near ride height. I've been curious about getting in and out of it. Sitting up hi like it was made it hard to figure an easy way, so I've been wanting to let down and see how it would go. WELL, Here is what's funny.. I've made myself a car that I can't even get in to, or out of! LOL. It's almost impossible. Maybe I just need to lose some beer belly! So now I'm looking at removable steering wheels I guess., I didn't and still don't want to put swing out door bars on it. Or,, maybe I could mod/bend the door bar section from the connecter at the shoulder to the frwd floor plates., or make a new one. I have some leftover bar long enough. I don't have a bender tho. Hate to have to buy one for one bend.

Well....it sure is a pretty non-drivable car!! :D

I'm sure you will think of something:thumbsup:

The guys did a good job getting the windshield in yesterday. I had gone to their shop a while back to get some sealing tape/rubber strip for the door windows. The older gent, who mostly just works in their shop, helped me figure out what I needed then and seemed very smart about older car glass, so I requested he be the one to come install my windshield. They agreed and he and the regular installer showed up. The younger installer usually works the go to jobs by himself but didn't have a lot of experience for old cars. Together they made it look easy. I wouldn't have saved any money doing it myself, with a helper.
I put the trim on this morning, mostly by hand but I did tap it in a few spots with a rag covered rubber hammer. I marked where each clip was with tape, again. Feels good to have it done, little milestone.

20190329_113359.jpg 20190330_100358.jpg 20190330_101928.jpg

Last edited:
Got a bunch of goodies today. Yea, the mickeys are redonkulously hugemongous! It's gonna take 1000hp to spin them.. I couldn't believe they fit., still worried they might scrape, but it looks like the closest spot inside the inner well is about 3/4"... I'm assuming/hoping after I get all the weight on the car the tires will be up in the well a bit more. I think I have the caltracs set in the higher position, may have to lower them. And yea I changed my mind on the rear wheels but hated to spend that much more money on wheels that might or might not fit. I got 10% off on these wheels, tires and carb from summit, no shipping or tax..

20190405_183750.jpg 20190405_183932.jpg 20190405_190226.jpg 20190405_205553.jpg 20190405_194526.jpg

Last edited:
You've come a long ways Kid. Looks great!
You can always trim the inside lip a little on the rear quarters.

You've come a long ways Kid. Looks great!
You can always trim the inside lip a little on the rear quarters.
I cut about 3/16 off back when I put the quarters on. Wish I had cut more and rolled the edges. I'm skeered I'll need a little more now. We'll see I guess, can't really tell yet till I make it heavier...
I got the rear window today, $250 shiping and all from AMD. Hope to put it in soon and then I may put the motor in...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back