• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Finally got my tac installed. I took it apart and colored the lights red..

20201011_000006.jpg

I had been looking for some kinda covers for my door bar pads with no luck, and wanted some better padding also. Lowes had some better padding and I'll just make my own covers. I had some left-over naugahyde/vinyl from recovering my rear 1/4 window upper interior side pads. I crazy glued the doubled over edges of the vinyl rather than sewing. For some dumb reason I made the 1st cover for the passenger side bar which I'm going to do the dip/bend mod on this winter. I have to go get some more snaps before I attempt to make one for the driver side bar. Not sure if I can make the cover fit/look right with the dip/bend.

20201023_202903.jpg 20201023_202543.jpg

I was following your build when you started. I haven’t been been back on here for about 7 years. You did a really nice job with this!

I was following your build when you started. I haven’t been been back on here for about 7 years. You did a really nice job with this!
That's exactly how long it took me, 7 years.. It would have gone a lot quicker but there was so much stacked against me ever finishing it I'm very fortunate that it's done, or done enough for now. Still hoping to build a better motor in the near future and maybe other mods to go with that such as dana rear, etc....
I've finished the door bar pad covers. I'm happy with them over what I had before. Yea I put a load of snaps on them but they aren't coming off accidently I bet.. hehe

20201026_132506.jpg 20201026_182333.jpg 20201026_182210.jpg

I went back to the strip saturday and made some more runs. It ran good just very slow.. 5 runs, all very close to 8.7et at 79mph.. Funny, with the new 3.91 gears it ran almost exactly the same 60', 330' and 1/8 ets and speeds as when I ran it with the 4.56 gears. The valves were floating then and I was shifting early so that slowed it down some. The motor runs fine now and I shifted later but the new 3.91 gear slowed it a bit to almost match all the 4.56 runs numbers.. Now I just need Santa to bring me some hp for Christmas.

Kid, that's actually not a bad time for a non HP prettty much stock engine.

Kid, that's actually not a bad time for a non HP prettty much stock engine.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.. I'm hoping to at least get some heads and an intake this winter. And I think a 4000 stall converter instead of the 2800 that I have now would greatly improve my time. Just wondering about the streetability of a 4000 converter?

I made a couple more smaller bar covers today for the side head area of the hoop.
They're easy to make with the super glue instead of sewing.

20201102_171729.jpg 20201102_183120.jpg

May I suggest PTC when you get ready to order your converter. If you take the time to fill out their form and then call them to explain what you want, you'll get it right the first time. I think with some heads and intake and convertor you'll be close to the 7's

May I suggest PTC when you get ready to order your converter. If you take the time to fill out their form and then call them to explain what you want, you'll get it right the first time. I think with some heads and intake and convertor you'll be close to the 7's
What is the highest rpm stall that you think would still be streetable?

Not sure I know the answer for that. I know when I talked to them about mine, I told them I was using a Gear Vendor overdrive. So I wanted it to be fairly "tight" under cruising conditions, but still flash to about 3-3500 when racing. By giving them all the info on my engine and chassis set up they were able to come up what would work with my combo. I was afraid of building too much heat with a looser converter at cruising speed. If your going to build a stroker I would wait till then to get a new one as what would work with your current engine might not be best for your new one.

The flash/stall will be dependent on your HP. The same converter might only flash to 2500 with a stock 440, but might flash to 3500 with a high torque high HP engine.

Seven years ago tonight I started this thread and I think every new years eve I've probably mentioned hoping to finish the car before the next year went by. But this new years I can finally break that tradition.. hehe! Ready for some fun with it in 2020!!....
When I shaved the mirror mount spot off the door and knew I'd regret it but I always said I would try one of these. It works ok and is easily removable.
HAPPY NEW YEAR MOPAR BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! That was a fast year! Glad it's gone.. I always make a new years eve post and this is year #8. I didn't post a lot this year because I didn't do a lot with the car due to the virus. At my age, I've been vigilant and fortunate to not get it. I retired about 6 months ago and that has been good so far. Went to the track a couple of times this year and to a couple of car shows, had a little fun thankfully. The car is running and cranking perfect now and I've just about got all the oil leaks stopped. I've been sitting around here shining on it so much with nowhere to go I've almost wore the paint off. I have been driving it around about 2 hrs a week avg and that is fun but just looking frwd to having somewhere to go and gather with buds. Hopefully that will be more possible in 2021..
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!
screenshot.png

Last edited:
Great to hear that retirement is sitting well with you DK. Your car looks spankin. There hasn’t been any car shows anywhere near here for 9 months now. Not looking good for any get togethers anywhere in the near future either. If it wasn’t for having this awesome site to connect with i reckon i would have gone crazy by now. Have a great 2021. :thumbsup:

I made a plastic cover to go over the solenoid in the trunk. Makes me feel a little safer without those hot wires/connectors exposed, and looks a little better covered I think.

20210108_100511.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back