• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and report on my summer of 21. My car is doing great. I drive it every couple of weeks or so, just not many places to go in it. I have been going to a few car shows and cruise-ins over the past few months but not a lot. It always draws a crowd and I enjoy the reactions when I say I built it, and enjoy the questions about it. I'm still enjoying my retirement but I've been rebuilding of my house over the past year or so and that has kept me still on hold to start on the better motor. The one in it is still running great but so slow. Hoping to sell my house in the near future, and after I get in a new one the 1st project is new motor. Update me on your cars/projects guys.

20211023_134449.jpg 245245166_10222788805001508_7900969090263146178_n.jpg

Just read the entire build. Glad you got it going and it turned out so nice. Hope you get to build the 512 here soon.

How long ago?

68 RT AT Red with a black vinyl top, black interior with buckets. It ran awesome but the guy I bought it from has spun it into a curb and bent up the LCA, fender and door. I put a 69 door on it, pulled out the fender, replaced the LCA and associated parts and drove the crap out it. It would do the longest burnouts imaginable, do cookies until you got bored with it. I never lost a street race with it (more about picking your opponent than the performance of the vehicle). I ended up parting it out, sold the engine/trans to a guy for his 69 GTX and the body to someone else.

I fixed an oil leak that had been bugging me. I bought what I thought were really good valve cover gaskets and found that they are not. I've used these solid rubber metal core ones before but only on chevy's that I had. They worked great on the chevys, but I think that there might be a difference in the surface widths and casting textures on chevys compared to mopars. They split like bologna so I got some rubber coated fiber ones that shouldn't split as easy. Did a good test drive and no more leak..

20211120_164353.jpg

I have been posting every new years eve but fell asleep last night, ha.. I'm 66 now and it's been 9 years since my first post. Charger's running and driving great. Hope things will get better for us all in 2022 and this covid crap will go away. Happy New Year everyone!

20211106_143936.jpg

I fixed an oil leak that had been bugging me. I bought what I thought were really good valve cover gaskets and found that they are not. I've used these solid rubber metal core ones before but only on chevy's that I had. They worked great on the chevys, but I think that there might be a difference in the surface widths and casting textures on chevys compared to mopars. They split like bologna so I got some rubber coated fiber ones that shouldn't split as easy. Did a good test drive and no more leak..

View attachment 1214762
The trick to using those gaskets is to not torque them down to much. Basically just snug, or they will split every time like yours did. I also push the cover up when tightening, that helps get more gasket on the lower head lip.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile and finally did it. I had a screen custom made to fit in front of my radiator. I got it for 2 reasons, 1- to keep out bugs, rocks, leaves, etc., and 2- to help hide the silver radiator since the screen is dark colored. It is held in place with velcro so I can take it out to wash the bugs off.

IMG_20220215_203503960.jpg IMG_20220215_192236167.jpg IMG_20220215_192742331.jpg IMG_20220215_192506437.jpg
Here is a before pic.
IMG_20220215_192545211.jpg

Last edited:
My charger is still running great. Hardly any maintenance at all. Enjoying watching the value go up on it lately. I saw one go across the Barrett Jackson block that wasn't any better than mine for $120k. Restomods and customs are selling better than stockers... I've been going to car gatherings and still drawing crowds. I do have one mod in mind which is an led headlight conversion/install. Even with halogens and 100amp alternator I can't see good at night. I saw this vid about some leds that seem to be perfect and are plug and play for $200. Anybody else switched to these?
Amazon product ASIN B07L45VCT7

Get a headlight relay kit form member crackedback and your halogens will be brighter with less voltage going thru the bulkhead.

I had planned on doing that mod and talked with crackedback about it but now I'm thinking that the led's load will be less and the mod won't be needed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And I also want the leds because they have a 1' lead which will help where I have hidden my headlight wiring.

I had planned on doing that mod and talked with crackedback about it but now I'm thinking that the led's load will be less and the mod won't be needed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And I also want the leds because they have a 1' lead which will help where I have hidden my headlight wiring.
I installed mine. If I get a free minute, I'll hook up my ammeter and measure the draw difference between conventional and LED.

Auto Transport Service
Back