• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Got to bring it home today. It is flawless! Let the fun begin!
Had some dust on it and the painter said for me to rinse it off and soft cloth dry, so the new baby got its first bath. Kinda hate putting water on it. Gonna leave a fan on it to dry out. Don't know where to begin. Will start with the sitting, staring and thinking. Buddy is skeered of it, lol..View attachment 415792 View attachment 415793 View attachment 415794 View attachment 415795 View attachment 415796 View attachment 415797
I think he's looking at his reflection lol.

That is a sexy car. Body work and paint look fantastic, I doubt you have stopped smiling yet!

image.jpg
Kid, all I got is to say that's flat out gorgeous, happy for ya. Now I want to see it done. Oh yeah, when we bought our new Durango I found that meguires makes a microfiber towel just for black cars. They are really nice. Your gonna need it with that finish. Lol

I'll get one of those meguiar's cloths for sure.
Put the first part on, one of the 1/4 extensions. Figured that was worth a pic or 2. Thats enough work for today, time for a beer and sit and look at it a while.

20170420_175559_resized.jpg
20170420_175710_resized.jpg

Test fit one of the tail lights just to see how it looked and fit. Got to paint the inside of the trunk before they go on for good.
20170421_205344_resized.jpg

Haven't got anything done yet. Been very busy working to try to recover from the paint bill. Need to get the fenders off soon and buy a cover. Kinda scratching my head trying to think of things to install that are not going to need me to spend more $ for a while. Any suggestions welcome. Need to paint inside the trunk and considering a speckled paint, medium/light gray w/black specks, to help hide imperfections. What are you guy's opinions on this idea?
One thing I need soon is a weather stripping kit. Saw some here, looks like a handy site > http://stores.ebay.com/Partsmix-Mop...er&_sid=152688265&_sop=3&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Partsmix, including weatherstripping and I was very happy with the fit and finish.

For the question of what to do that doesn't require money...it depends on what you pre-bought. I had a stash of parts I bought while doing body work. Every piece adds up and there are a bunch of pieces.

I think speckled paint would look good.

I'm thinking the lighter color in the trunk will help me be able to see while working on things in there. I plan on a fuel cell and battery in it.

I also like the trunk painted as the factory did it, that is how it should be., but I am going more for function. My old eyes need light and light colors to see while working. I had painted the back/under of the dash light silver for that reason but the painter painted over it I think. The speckled will also help hide some of the cosmetic imperfections in my trunk work.

I thought the speckled paint was a Chebby thing....should be body colour only. :thumbsup:
Although most of the time the trunk was body colour, the '1968 Dodge Interior Colors' chart does list a trunk spatter finish, so perhaps it was optional.
1968-Dodge-pg02.jpg

8b2757abad1f49288f8bf96afb09ac5c_490.jpg
29207994b3354b19b29caef12c86a8e0_490.jpg
Are you putting a trunk mat in the car? They are grey houndstooth and will lighten the color quite a bit. You can use the speckled paint on the inner quarters.

Thought about a stock mat but since I'm going with a fuel cell and trunk battery it would kinda be a waste. May put some rubber mat under the cell and batt for a little padding. The plan from the start was to make it more of a drag car but not do anything too drastic that would be hard to undo back to stock. The speckle will come off if someone in the future wants it gloss black. And it'll need some filler to smooth the floor's weld spots a little more, to really look right. So for now it's getting speckled. I'll do a test spot to see if it works for me. I'll sand, wash and dry the trunk out this week and hope to paint it next weekend. Then taillights and rear bumper can go on. Ordered a Meguiar's microfiber wipe cloth today, couldn't find one in stores.
May go with one of these two colors for the trunk.

p10009Z_1.jpg p10007Z.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back