• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I think with a red interior it would look good.
Just some red here and there, not everything.

A good way to check for cracks is to install a schrader valve somewhere on the roll bar. If the piping is airtight and holds pressure, you have no cracks. If a crack does show up, you'll hear it. It helps to plan for this at the outset so you can make sure all the piping is connected in a way that it will be pressurized all over from a single source.

That is a good idea but since I didn't plan for that while welding it and because I used couplers where the door and rear bars connect the only thing I could do that with is the main hoop. I would think you have to drill holes in/at bars intersections also so the air can go thru all.

Talked to the painter today, he's almost thru. The fenders and doors are done and he's painting the body in about a week. I'm going by to see it in a couple of days so I'll get pics. Getting anxious!

When I walked into the painter's shop I actually got choked up and almost cried, lol. Pics don't show the perfection. I can't believe it's finally going to be painted. This is a major milestone for me and this car. I'm thinking finishing assembly is going to take me a while because I'll be sitting a staring at it a lot.

20170330_100644_resized.jpg 20170330_100709_resized.jpg 20170330_100738_resized.jpg 20170330_100943_resized.jpg 20170330_100344_resized.jpg 20170330_100403_resized.jpg 20170330_100501_resized.jpg 20170330_100611_resized.jpg

Giant mirror! Looks great. Now you can be like me and hold your breath the entire time you work on your care in fear of scratching it. Nothing and I mean nothing looks better than a black Charger.

That's one pretty sight seeing your car like that . . . congratulations on getting to this milestone ! ! !

( while staring - have a towel ready to catch all the drools . . . )

A long time coming - congrats on the progress. A black charger is a mean looking machine. Even if it's only a $500 one......lol

IT'S PAINTED!!!!!!!!! Called the painter today, he said they've buffed it out and were hanging the doors and fenders, and are painting the dash, frnt valance, and quarter extensions tomorrow. Going to see it saturday and will get pics.
I paid a lot for this paint job but it did still need a lot more smoothing also. If it had been ready for him to paint the bill would probably have been half of what it was., But I thought after all the other grueling work I did so far it had to have a primo paint job., as opposed to maaco,etc..
The quality of the paint jobs and bodywork on these old cars is the first thing everyone notices and it can make or break the car's value and overall impression., imo.

Last edited:
Great! I can't wait to see the pictures. I agree, a good paint job can make the car's value.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! You being one of the guys building your car while I was building mine I've been very impatiently waiting for this day. Congrats, looks absolutely beautiful!

Thanks guys. Don't no if I'll be able to sleep tonight, like christmas eve as a kid. Don't think it will be ready to bring home for another week or so. He's probably still finishing up the parts I mentioned. But should have the doors and fenders on for some good pics. Can't wait to see if he got the gaps back as good as I had them, betting he did. Pics eta sat 4/8/17 @ 12pm cst., lol.

It will be so great to have the car back so I'll have something to play with, been going stir crazy without it. But the new dog "Buddy" has kept me busy training him. I've been taking him to a huge land reserve/park where dogs are allowed to run unleashed. There's several lakes where the water retriever dogs congregate.
I'll get pics of all the dogs playing in the lake, bet there were 40 at one time. Been worried about Buddy scratching the car, gotta get a cover and lay the law down to him. He has never seen it, since he got here after the car went to paint. It'll probably scare him., lol. He's grown some to, doubled his weight and then some.

20161029_211118.jpg 20170326_171237_resized (1).jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back