• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I had planned on doing that mod and talked with crackedback about it but now I'm thinking that the led's load will be less and the mod won't be needed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And I also want the leds because they have a 1' lead which will help where I have hidden my headlight wiring.
Still need to do the relays !!!!!

I would suggest checking the input voltage range for your LED lights before worrying about installing relays. Many of them are specified to work down to 9 or 10 Volts, which should not be a problem. I just installed LED headlights in my 69 Coronet without relays and have seen no issues while testing them with the car not running. When the car is running, the voltage should be quite a bit higher than with the engine shut off, so I am comfortable my headlights will be OK. If yours aren't specified to work at lower voltages, then you may have an issue. Unfortunately, the ones I have don't give an operating voltage range, hence the testing with the car not running.

I also did some measurements earlier to see how much current they draw. As I recall, the two different LED headlights I tested drew about 1.7 A for one and about 2.4 A for the other on high beam. This is in contrast to a standard halogen bulb which draws about 5 A on high beam. Cheers!

Leds installed. Big difference!... I never saw or heard anything about them having fans. Yes, there is a tiny cooling fan in each one.

IMG_20220728_202647508.jpg

Leds installed. Big difference!... I never saw or heard anything about them having fans. Yes, there is a tiny cooling fan in each one.

View attachment 1321167
Yes, some do. LED's don't use a lot of current, but they generate a lot of heat. The ones in my Coronet don't have fans, I cheaped out on mine. Which ones did you get again? The ones in my wifes mustang and my turbo mustang both have cooling fans on the LED's.

Well I got lazy and didn't do my annual new years post but it's been 10 years since I got the charger and things are still good with me and it. Just trying to make it thru the boring winter and looking forward to some good cruising, cruise-ins and car shows in 2023. Happy New Year everyone!

It does sound good. Too bad that's not the real audio. The guy that made that video changed it to an open header car. When I put in my 500hp motor I'll put some cutouts on it. Never have cranked it with open headers except for a few short times in my garage when first getting it running.

I have only got about 2k miles on it now, after 3 years of cruise ins and car shows. I love driving it but not in a lot of traffic. It really feels good and everything works great on it. It reminds me of my go-kart racing days the way it handles turns. The super sticky M/T tires and stiff caltrac suspension work very good together... I'm about to install the line lock on it. And have decided to go with putting it on the rear brake line. I put up a thread in racers hang out and after reading all the pros and cons I think I'll be happier with it on the rears. I don't want it on rears for burnout shows, I don't like burnouts anywhere but the dragstrip. I paid too much for these tires to waste them.

Last edited:
Finally got a place out in the country. It has a lot bigger garage and a nice lake full of fish.

Screenshot_20230802-142052.png

IMG_20230909_200816774.jpg

Screenshot_20230904-120031.png

I put up some led lights in my new shop. Love leds. They are wired to a regular wall switch but I put the pull strings on so I can turn any off, as needed... Funny, the guy that owned this place for the past 38 years never had more than the one 60w light that you can see in that last shop pic.

IMG_20230926_214037142.jpg

I like the couch and TV
In the 70s there was a tv show called Vegas where the star, Dan Tanna drove his old t-bird into his home. I always thought that was cool and said some day I'd have a set up like that. Finally got it..

Auto Transport Service
Back