• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

That's him. His is pad is a little better furnished than mine., ha.. I went to a few shows and some cruise-ins this year. There is a weekly cruise-in at a restaurant 3miles from my house and they raffle gift certificates for free to the drivers, that's been fun. Here's a pic I like from a show this past summer.

352987337_6097330863728820_1236980511101379727_n.jpg

I'm continuing my tradition of posting something every new years eve., since my 1st post on this thread 12 years ago... A lot has happened to me in this past year of 2023., my father peacefully past away at 91 in his sleep after a long healthy life, and I moved "out in the country". After 33 years in the last house I was very fortunate to find the place I'm at now. I haven't done much with the charger over the past few months. Mostly because there hasn't been a lot of cruise-ins or shows going on this time of year. I drive it a mile or two every couple of weeks to make sure it stays running good. The weather has not been that cold and that gave me a good chance to do a lot of work outside at my new home. I can't put into words how much happier I am out here away from the rat race. My dog and I go on walks around the property almost every day, sometimes 2 times a day. It's 7.5 acres and about half is thick woods. It really takes me back to my youth because I spent a lot of time in the woods as a kid. I'm looking forward to a great new year while settling-in to my new place. I call it "The Pinecone Farm".

IMG_20231226_092522590.jpg

Last edited:
My good fortune continues., I found a really good deal on this like new 2020 ram. My old truck was wore out. This is the nicest vehicle I've ever had. It is a Laramie edition so it has most all of the neat options. Best of all it has the 5.7 hemi, 8 speed, and is very fast. It has 71k miles on it but hardly any scratches. Heated leather seats. And it's pearl black, which is close enough to the charger to make a nice matching set. I got it for $23k and my old truck, and I think blue book on it is $35k.

0.jpg

I've got a big restoration project going already with this new property. That's keeping me very busy, and broke. I wish I had time and money for another car resto or truck . This house was vacant for 20 years and nobody did anything for it during that time. It is ate up with hidden termite damage, and it had frozen/busted water lines in it that flooded the whole house for months until a neighbor complained to the water company. The lake even needs work, but most of the work is fun for me and very rewarding.. I'm just now getting my main garage work bench set up. I had to run a 220v line for my heater and my welder in the wall behind the work bench, and there was termite damage in there also that I fixed. So that took some time to do. I'm going to fix more problems in the garage before I paint the walls and ceiling, I may paint the floor also.

0.jpg

I've got a big restoration project going already with this new property. That's keeping me very busy, and broke. I wish I had time and money for another car resto or truck . This house was vacant for 20 years and nobody did anything for it during that time. It is ate up with hidden termite damage, and it had frozen/busted water lines in it that flooded the whole house for months until a neighbor complained to the water company. The lake even needs work, but most of the work is fun for me and very rewarding.. I'm just now getting my main garage work bench set up. I had to run a 220v line for my heater and my welder in the wall behind the work bench, and there was termite damage in there also that I fixed. So that took some time to do. I'm going to fix more problems in the garage before I paint the walls and ceiling, I may paint the floor also.

View attachment 1590709
Putting "sweat equity" in a house is a good thing. And since you are handy, you can do most of the work yourself. Yes, materials are still pricey, but the rewards are big.

Keep up the good work!

I guess I can legally say that the charger project is still going on. I had not put the emblems on the tail panel and procrastinated about them till I recently saw some on-line for a reasonable price., and adhesive installation was required because I refused to drill holes in such a perfect panel...

IMG_20240208_191406683.jpg

I also found a place for an extra rt badge I ended up with.
IMG_20240208_183949385.jpg

Last edited:
I've been going to some cruz-ins in my car and will keep doing that for probably the rest of my life, I hope, but I've added a new hobby back to my routine. Every day that weather permits I sit in that chair on my little dock, that you can see on the left of the pic below, and catch fish. I'm still working on the house but I take several fishing breaks thru out the day. The dock is 150" from my back door and it is so convenient to walk over there and sit awhile, especially when they're biting. That's my niece with a nice crappie. I'm catching some nice bass and bream also. I've been throwing them back but will start eating them soon. Also caught that monster snapper, and relocated it to a lake about 4 miles away.

Screenshot_20240319-204610.png

Screenshot_20240229-150214.png

Screenshot_20240319-213759.png

IMG_20240317_133705675.jpg

Screenshot_20240314-193337.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back