• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

Thanks Tex. Keep us posted on the build.
Will do . Ordered Cometic gaskets and billet race timing set , now to wait for delivery from Summit . None here in Oz . Will probably take around 8 weeks to get going in car , track championship has started so may have to wait till end of May

Tex

Ok so a Mega Block isn’t a World Iron Block? That I did not know. I thought they were the same except for the Mopar stamp. Learn something new everyday.

Ok so a Mega Block isn’t a World Iron Block? That I did not know. I thought they were the same except for the Mopar stamp. Learn something new everyday.
You have to keep in mind that Mopar Performance has never made anything ever. They simply have their name put on it. The earlier iron blocks that were marketed as the mega block were very stock appearing from the outside. The iron versions put out by World Products had the water jacket bump outs around the cylinders and weren’t very stock looking. Lots of people still incorrectly referred to them as mega blocks.

Guess we just need to simply call them all aftermarket blocks LOL.

The World blocks also have some revised oiling features, along with the cross bolted front main cap.
And they’re a little heavier than the MegaBlock.

Took some time today to test fit things on the World Block. I was surprised. The intake side is very tight to clear a pushrod. It actually clears better in a center cup lifter vs an offset. If I wanted the pushrod running straight with an offset lifter, I have lots of clearencing to do. So probably run a center one and have the pushrod on a slight angle.
All in all it looks pretty sweet.

954E4FE8-8BCB-47C5-B440-EAB0614BFCF8.jpeg 4B2841C4-531C-4B97-98E3-B8AD51B066E5.jpeg 0801D06F-2E9D-4D6D-94D7-761054C5207E.jpeg 93D403F6-0024-4F66-9383-22268C4CB555.jpeg 4BFD1279-B46E-43A8-A2CE-CED97923134A.jpeg 129EF1E4-359C-4DE8-BAA5-4F8344159488.jpeg

Looked at my picture again. Thought I took a photo of the pushrod on the intake side, but I only took one checking the exhaust side.

Today’s progress. Will be running Monday sometime.

Looks awesome

good luck

It came alive yesterday. Have a bunch of checks and tests to do yet, but it is real close now. Gonna swap out the crank trigger bolts to Allen head so it is easier to move on the bracket. Everything is pretty tight there with an alternator bracket partially covering the one bolt head. Makes it impossible with a wrench. So these Allen head bolts should do the trick. Only run a few seconds at a time so far while I was messing with the timing, but sounds good so far. Once I make the changes to this bracket and get the timing where I want it, she will get a good warm up and check all the functions and leaks.

97C78FAB-09EA-4662-BF4F-C73FC5762AF3.jpeg 13464E4C-D5AE-45CA-A184-6AF382F42AC9.jpeg 40493DC3-AF70-4808-81E8-5E03E515D099.jpeg

Of course.... since the heads have been swapped and the intake has had major surgery......... the dyno numbers are no longer valid.:poke:

You are correct. It will be a roll of the dice what the ET and MPH will be. Any guesses?

You are correct. It will be a roll of the dice what the ET and MPH will be. Any guesses?
I would expect fast :lol: . Even if you made no more HP you are dropping 80-100lbs off the nose of the car . So how the car launches may change , wont hurt with that droopy nose beast .
I was told it takes 2-3 redo's for the aluminium blocks to settle and give the most HP .
Good luck

Tex

This is still the 512. The aluminum is a winter project.

Auto Transport Service
Back