• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572 World Aluminum close to Dyno

How does the car look to you when it leaves?
Pretty flat. I'm going to loosen up some and see what happens. I had the front shocks tightened up as they had to be run full tight last year or it would 60ft with the rear tires. This year they've been as far as -29 out of 40 clicks total. Nowhere near as high. It's actually pretty good except in hot afternoon sunshine.
Doug

Yeah my car seems to like the rebound tightened up too! If the front is loose then it wants to unload the back.

Any suggestions on better controlling how much fluid goes into the vac can? It’s pulling oil every pass, it got better after a few passes, but still too much for my taste.
Also makes a mess even if I drain every pass. Does a guy need a bigger can to help that, or what can a guy do?

Two reasons it pulls oil. Wrong location of the inlet/poor baffling. Mine was in the fuel pump block off plate. Filled the can running in the garage. Moved it to the upper forward facing end of the valve cover (no baffle). It'll go 25 passes and maybe pull 6-7 oz. The second reason is leaks in the engine. I use a $6 dollar Harbor Freight regulator. Set it at 5psi. I took a male fitting the same size as the valve cover outlet. Tapped it to fit a leak down hose. Then connect that to the hose that runs from the outlet of the motor. Spray the motor with soapy water. If there's a leak it'll show up easy.
Doug

20220531_083156.jpg

Can you post a photo of your setup please and thanks? Appreciate it.

Looks great. Nice to see this body style out there.
Doug

The dyno numbers are very impressive! 855 hp by 5700 rpm. Gotta love these big motors!

Yeah, it is pretty cool to run as well through full exhaust. If I knew I could get away with it, I’d throw the radials on and open up the exhaust. May be a low 70 or high 60 in it?
Maybe someday.

Car is working well. Driver isn’t. Another red in the first round.

Good news. This valve cover fixed my oil consumption. No oil in 4 passes. What I like to see. Tomorrow is another day.

560AB58D-DEDF-4915-BDFE-892DC3C5AC0D.jpeg

I going to guess your vacuum pump probably needs rebuilt. We have to rebuild ours every other year. Also the shafts in most are made with poor grade steel and we make new shafts from 01 oil rod and heat treat them. I've not seen any brand of vacuum pump that will last more than 2-years without needing a refresh.

Tom

Well for the final race weekend of the season up here at SIR Saskatchewan, I decided since I was nowhere close in the points standings to scratch an itch.
Threw my had into the Super Pro class with a box. I had wanted to try it for some time, so I figured now is as good a time as any.
Took a few hits to figure reaction and roll out on the car. Once that happened, I was off.
Did go just red in second round both days, but the car did run the number. Seat time is all I need to find tune the box.
Then later in the day I let the wife make a pass. She was nervous, but handled the car great, especially since the tail shaft housing decided to break while she was in the car. She felt bad but I assured her, had it been me in the seat, I’d have had the same result.
I have a sneaky suspicion it cracked on me the previous pass as I thought about it on the drive home.
I think I caught a whiff of trans fluid after my final race and didn’t think much about it.
I’ve broken the tail shaft housing before, so I guess I need to install some limiters this winter.

As for Super Pro, I think the box is there to stay.

9E983C79-F8D9-4910-A15D-A36E30A834C5.jpeg

14593BFC-382E-4F36-A260-FA5B3C824527.jpeg

892027CA-92A0-4461-B461-D559972F0D81.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back