• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6.1Hemi in a station wagon

64 Polara

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

i plan to install a 6.1 Hemi in a 63 Dodge 440 station wagon with all the needed modifications.
But first i want to know if that is possible. Does someone do that before to that car?
What parts are needed?
Can i use a 6 speed trans or must i use the stock 5 speed?
what about a rack and pinion steering-does it fit?
drums at front and rear?

pls let me know what you have...

jan

Drum brakes I would throw in the garbage. I don't think there are too many 'musts' in these builds, factors are time, money, space, tools, and, in your case over in Germany the TuV! It is my understanding that a 904 will fit onto a new HEMI engine, but, I have not done this myself so I don't know. Post pics, this will be a good thread to keep informed on, and, Ich bin nicht fließend Deutsch, aber ich finde mich zurecht zu machen, dem Hauptbahnhof!

Prep for the same build in AZ. I will sell you the complete 64 K-Frame and everything attached to it minus the motor. Its a Disc brake car and I'm leaning toward the RMS solution.

Auto Transport Service
Back