• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-65 727 tailshaft bearing part #?

icetech

Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
Getting ready to put my trans together but missing a few parts still.. on the early 727s the output shaft bearing is all the way at the back of the tailhousing.. would anyone have a part number for that? or is it the same as the mid bearing on the 66+ trans?
Could use a new TV rod seal but they seem to not exist.. will keep looking for that

Getting ready to put my trans together but missing a few parts still.. on the early 727s the output shaft bearing is all the way at the back of the tailhousing.. would anyone have a part number for that? or is it the same as the mid bearing on the 66+ trans?
Could use a new TV rod seal but they seem to not exist.. will keep looking for that
Do you have a flange or a slip yoke style drive shaft? The TV seal should be in your seal kit but, some times you need an extra seal set for the early 727s.
Mike

Do you have a flange or a slip yoke style drive shaft? The TV seal should be in your seal kit but, some times you need an extra seal set for the early 727s.
Mike
Flange.. i went through the kit last night and i think they are in there.. what surprised me was no thrust washers/fiber washers.. glad i kept my old stuff

P.S. trying to find a slip yoke tailshaft/housing.. nearest one i have found so far is 9 hours away.. one will show up eventually though :)

You need to also change the input shaft and front pump drive so that you can use the later style converter.

You need to also change the input shaft and front pump drive so that you can use the later style converter.
Yup, already done.. picked up a beat up old 727 last week and am transferring the 2 front drums and input shaft from it.. i'm ordering a converter today... :)

Flange.. i went through the kit last night and i think they are in there.. what surprised me was no thrust washers/fiber washers.. glad i kept my old stuff

P.S. trying to find a slip yoke tailshaft/housing.. nearest one i have found so far is 9 hours away.. one will show up eventually though :)
1965 tail shaft and housing is the only one that will work on your cable shift transmission. Any 1965 C-body will have one. Even the ones on small block (Poly) 727 will interchange.

1965 tail shaft and housing is the only one that will work on your cable shift transmission. Any 1965 C-body will have one. Even the ones on small block (Poly) 727 will interchange.
yup.. just a matter of finding one :)

Auto Transport Service
Back