• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Fury Instrument panel and speaker

Bob Jordan

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
So we've sent the radio off for repair and I figured I would pull the speaker and restore or replace. We're just looking to make everything stock with AM just like new. Anyway.

After laying on my back in 15 different positions I can't reach the nuts that hold the speaker bracket in place. I want to take the whole bracket out in case we decide to mount a different speaker to it, so:

1) any tricks to get to those nuts?

2) Looks like it would be a lot easier with the heater controls out of the way, but they come out with the instrument panel - so can someone point us at a how to for the instrument panel? And by instrument panel I mean gage cluster - not the whole dash

Thanks!

Last edited:
So we've sent the radio off for repair and I figured I would pull the speaker and restore or replace. We're just looking to make everything stock with AM just like new. Anyway.

After laying on my back in 15 different positions I can't reach the nuts that hold the speaker bracket in place. I want to take the whole bracket out in case we decide to mount a different speaker to it, so:

2) Looks like it would be a lot easier with the heater controls out of the way, but they come out with the instrument panel - so can someone point us at a how to for the instrument panel? And by instrument panel I mean gage cluster - not the whole dash

Thanks!

Thanks!
I would really like to know the answer here as well. I have a 64' Fury that I am in the process of restoring to stock including the radio.

I was able to get at my radio bracket and speaker mounts by removing the fusebox, but it took alot of creative adaptors.

Where did you send your radio off to get fixed?

Auto Transport Service
Back