• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Coronet 500 - adventure begins

"new-B" John

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been interested in Chryslers since being a kid, owned a SB 'Cuda in the 80s for a while then school, work, wife and kids and 20 years messing with two-wheeled vehicles. Wanted to get back into cars and just plunked down some cash on a car born the same year I was. It is a driver for sure (some of your rides here are pretty amazing!) and I am expecting some challenges, but also hope to have many years of enjoyment with it and meeting like-minded Mopar enthusiasts. Hopefully everyone will be patient with my questions and curiosity. This is a picture from the ad.

JLs 65 Coronet.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, they're all an adventure. You have a solid looking Coronet.

Hey good luck with your build there’s a ton of knowledge on this site welcome to the site

Welcome from Missouri!! love 65 Coronets

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. It looks like a nice '65 Coronet project you have there. Those cars are rare up here, because 1965 Coronets and Belvederes were not sold in Canada.

Thanks everyone. Great looking Coronets!

Hoping to give the car a thorough once-over once it's here in a couple hours. Start with a list of things I'll want and need to do. Previous owner has indicated 440 (which I think is valid from what I could 'see' but from what I've researched wasn't available in 65, so background on the engine will be some homework. Hoping the safety process is not too much trouble or painful on the wallet (the guy was pretty frank that the e-brake needed to be hooked up #1 on the list).

Hoping to give the car a thorough once-over once it's here in a couple hours. Start with a list of things I'll want and need to do. Previous owner has indicated 440 (which I think is valid from what I could 'see' but from what I've researched wasn't available in 65, so background on the engine will be some homework. Hoping the safety process is not too much trouble or painful on the wallet (the guy was pretty frank that the e-brake needed to be hooked up #1 on the list).

Oh boy you have not heard of the MOPAR Tax on MOPAR parts! Prepare your wallet. :steering:

Brace yourself your wallet will take a gigantic hit lol but it’s all worth it not to be the next Chevy or Ford guy

A company called " Inline Tube " should have your parking brake parts for ya. For engine i.d. look for a machined flat surface in front of the intake manifold a little toward the driver's side.

A company called " Inline Tube " should have your parking brake parts for ya. For engine i.d. look for a machined flat surface in front of the intake manifold a little toward the driver's side.

Thank you Dan!

I spent yesterday and today researching and scribing, rubbing and searching for codes (it made me appreciate just a bit more folks who house so much of this knowledge and codes in their noodle) and finding out what switches do etc. Working on actually locking the doors now - hahaha. The tip for the e-brake will come in handy.

Auto Transport Service
Back