• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Plymouth spring and mini tub mod

I am not sure about the legality of location.Mine is much further forward,no room for visors and an aluminum spacer to bring my mirror down so it's not blocked by the bar.Beyond that, IMHO the bar should be further forward from a safety aspect. In that location in the event it's ever needed the roof is able to collapse crushing the windshield considerably more than if it were located further forward.

My tech inspector is shown giving the OK:lol:

3.29.13 001.jpg 3.29.13 011.jpg

Good post HEMI-ITIS
My post was strictly a visual comment, I have NO EXPERIENCE with the best safety, structural strength, or rules requirements for roll bar placement!

I am not sure about the legality of location.Mine is much further forward,no room for visors and an aluminum spacer to bring my mirror down so it's not blocked by the bar.Beyond that, IMHO the bar should be further forward from a safety aspect. In that location in the event it's ever needed the roof is able to collapse crushing the windshield considerably more than if it were located further forward.

My tech inspector is shown giving the OK:lol:

View attachment 887447 View attachment 887448
Thanks for the reply, I'll see how much forward I can put it

The pain... almost finished welding the 6x6 floor plates and paint.
20200105_112527.jpg

It's looking great your getting closer to the end everyday. Good luck

It's looking great your getting closer to the end everyday. Good luck
Thanks, it took me all day yesterday to bend and weld the windshield bar and most of the day painting and welding in floor plates.

It will be really nice when it's done. Then you can look back and tell yourself that wasn't so bad.

Yep long time but the results will be worth it. You are way ahead of me. But starting to shape up

Not really proud of the a pillar mount, but it will work. Didn't know how else to do it because of the uneven angles. Only a few more bars left to make and weld in.
20200106_084320.jpg
20200106_084320.jpg

May I ask what did you use to mount your tach I tried a hole that was already in my dash pad but can't get it tight about the same location as yours

May I ask what did you use to mount your tach I tried a hole that was already in my dash pad but can't get it tight about the same location as yours
I'll post a pic tomorrow morning. It's made from 3/16 round stock and 1/8 plate steel.

Not really proud of the a pillar mount, but it will work. Didn't know how else to do it because of the uneven angles. Only a few more bars left to make and weld in.View attachment 891155View attachment 891155

Might be a noob question but here goes, On the main hoop of your roll cage how did you weld the rear support bars to the top of the main hoop without burning up your headliner? I'm talking about two bars that go into the trunk over the backseat. Thanks.

Drop main hoop thru the floor weld uppers then raise main hoop then weld main hoop to outriggers or a 6x6 plate. Good luck

Might be a noob question but here goes, On the main hoop of your roll cage how did you weld the rear support bars to the top of the main hoop without burning up your headliner? I'm talking about two bars that go into the trunk over the backseat. Thanks.
I cut holes 1 3/4 diameter holes on the floor . I did not cut holes for the trunk bars, didn't need to. You can check out my pics to see. I also used a peice of thin sheet metal about 8in x 12in and covered the edges with tape so I didn't tear my headliner. I used clamps on the main hoop to hold the sheet metal above the area I'm welding so I didn't burn my headliner.

Auto Transport Service
Back