• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX Hood Blackout

69L48Z27

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
Quick question, I think I'm on the right track but want to check.

My search is to figure out what cars got hood paint. I see cars with nothing, some have paint between the call outs, and others run from front to back like stripes.

What's right?

I think my research says these are trim tag options. My tag has a 1 under the S of the UBS section. This decodes as black longitude stripe, this refers to the side of the car I think?

I originally thought all GTX's in 68 got black paint between the call outs but I'm not convinced that's right.

Thank you!

I've got a 68 RR with build sheet and window sticker and the window sticker says performance hood paint , $17.50 so it was an option on RR. if that helps

Quick question, I think I'm on the right track but want to check.

My search is to figure out what cars got hood paint. I see cars with nothing, some have paint between the call outs, and others run from front to back like stripes.

Thx for the replies. From this I understand this is an option and not all cars got 'performance hood paint'?

I have a 68 GTX. I don't recall the 68 having that hood paint option. Your longitude stripe was probably down the sides of the car - not the hood. In 69 I recall the option. I don't know it a.l but going from recollection. Build it like you want it....

my 68 has no hood blackout (obviously an option), only stripe on a 68 is the reflective stripe low on the side.....

my question is........ is the reflective stripe an option? or is it a standard piece of the GTX package?

Auto Transport Service
Back