• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX Project

here is the progress update on the project that has been distracting me from the GTX

IMG_20180816_201304948.jpg

So finished welding in the trunk pan and want to seal up all the welds and ground areas.

What does one recommended for this? I was thinking a spray bomb zinc laden primer would be great...doesn't seem to exist though, or does it? I have one that has zinc but it is lame weld thru
IMG_20180928_195837149.jpg
primer that doesn't stick worth a ****. IMG_20180928_195845151.jpg

So finished welding in the trunk pan and want to seal up all the welds and ground areas.

What does one recommended for this? I was thinking a spray bomb zinc laden primer would be great...doesn't seem to exist though, or does it? I have one that has zinc but it is lame weld thru View attachment 659871 primer that doesn't stick worth a ****. View attachment 659873

I like to use a quality 2 part epoxy primer for bare metal and welds. Southern Polyurethane Inc. (SPI) black has been my go to since switching from PPG products due to price. https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/products
Floor Pans in Epoxy Primer.JPG

I have a decent finish rear panal and front grille for a 68 gtx for sale

Looks like Bahama Blue is the dash color!View attachment 686561 View attachment 686562

Well I'm kind of boxed into a corner on this one.......I DO need to make a decision about the future interior color!!! It is making me crazy!

No the OEM isn't blue, it is a green something something.

So it begins, selection of colors....arghh...*runs for the hills*

Been there, done that. Pain in the butt to rebuild those. I had to epoxy in a new rheostat spring and solder the connections. Good progress!!

I was thinking about epoxy for this job, but thought.....high temps and plastics probably not a good combination. I found a small bottle of high temp ceramic adhesive something or another that I used.

still working on the dash...

Trying to figure out what I am missing the ash tray....is there a padded cover for the outside insert piece thingy?

Need to go ash tray part shopping...
IMG_20181203_210419053.jpg
IMG_20181203_211747415.jpg
IMG_20181203_221701701.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back