• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger quarter extension gap

Don here is mine original. As u can see the bottom sticks out more on mine your are recessed.
Jesse, do you have a pic of yours without the end caps on? Wonder if Don's problem is the top of his quarters?

446272EF-09A8-4F2B-88AE-6B3DA5CA5949.jpeg
FD3FC3D1-CB78-4426-BBB2-B5705384AFB9.jpeg
881668B7-47C9-4B57-9BAD-9DCD9BD24ECE.jpeg
27B8A05B-4975-4390-95DC-23A245E5583A.jpeg
ADD2740C-AD72-417B-9482-AD4DB8A18132.jpeg

Ok I checked mine and I get a consistent 3 inches left, right, and in the middle
Seems to me that the tail panel is to far inward. Also the center should be longer than the outside measurements. I can measure mine tomorrow from the dutchman to the tail panel molding. Are your holes in the tail panel so you can mount the molding?

Jesse, do you have a pic of yours without the end caps on? Wonder if Don's problem is the top of his quarters?
His dutchman, trunk lid and quarters line up. To me its in the tail panel. Plus his is even sides and center where the center should be longer because the trunk lid is longer in the center vs the sides.

Seems to me that the tail panel is to far inward. Also the center should be longer than the outside measurements. I can measure mine tomorrow from the dutchman to the tail panel molding. Are your holes in the tail panel so you can mount the molding?
All of the holes to mount the top molding are there except the ones on the left and right ends. they got welded over

All of the holes to mount the top molding are there except the ones on the left and right ends. they got welded over
If you can put it on I will measure mine tomorrow with pictures. The molding has minor left to right adjustment but no fore ward to back adjustment. So the measurement I give you should be fairly accurate. If you look at the molding the center is v cut. That's because the tail panel should be out further at the center.

His dutchman, trunk lid and quarters line up. To me its in the tail panel. Plus his is even sides and center where the center should be longer because the trunk lid is longer in the center vs the sides.
Yeah, I realized that after typing. I think it is in the placement of the tailpanel as well, just hoping it's not. Don, did you happen to put the tailpanel inside of the quarter instead of on the outside like in Jesse's pics?

One other thing is the quarter extensions will stick out a little more with those thick plastic gaskets/seals. Something to look at for total deck lid fitment.

If you can put it on I will measure mine tomorrow with pictures. The molding has minor left to right adjustment but no fore ward to back adjustment. So the measurement I give you should be fairly accurate. If you look at the molding the center is v cut. That's because the tail panel should be out further at the center.
Sounds good

Yeah, I realized that after typing. I think it is in the placement of the tailpanel as well, just hoping it's not. Don, did you happen to put the tailpanel inside of the quarter instead of on the outside like in Jesse's pics?
My tailpanel is on the outside just like Jesse's pic
20220209_190246.jpg

One other thing is the quarter extensions will stick out a little more with those thick plastic gaskets/seals. Something to look at for total deck lid fitment.
Hmm I didn't think about that, Ok I ordered some.

Last edited:
View attachment 1238753

My right side, original car. Just FYI.
Thanks.
I am not really sure how to fix this!
It started out as having a gap under the quarter extensions, and has turned into it looking more and more like my tail panel should be moved backwards by about a 1/4 inch. Not sure how that happened, and is quite frustrating to say the least!

I'll get a pic of the center like above. I have one w the end of the tape in the opening, I think my weatherstrip is pushing it towards the taillights.

upload_2022-2-11_12-21-36.jpeg

So I know it is kinda hard to check but if we aren't measuring from the same spot we could be off.
So this is how I am measuring the distance at the center of the trunk opening
The edge at the filler panel is tapered so I am at the top

2022feb11a.jpg

Then I am getting 28 inches to the inner edge of the tail panel

2022feb11b.jpg

and 30 3/4" to the outer edge of the tail panel
and 30 3/8" to the screw hole

2022feb11c.jpg

so with the trim on and measuring like above I get 31 inches to outer edge of trim

2022feb11a.jpg

2022feb11d.jpg

Ok, measuring that way, I have 30 7/16" to the screw hole. I think you're good. You need the gaskets for the horseshoes. They're thick. Looking from the side, I do have a small gap at the bottom inside corner. Pics later, my phone is charging.

Still there’s some sort of step on passenger side and a reseeding on the lower driver side. All these panels are not perfect and still need a little reworking of some sort. I just installed a complete floor pan that still needed a little finessing.

This view shows minimal gap from under extensions.

demonic1b.jpg

Can I see a view from the side like this
IMG_20220210_162929570.jpg

Here are my measurements left to right to the center of the screw.. The outer the tip of the tape was into the pocket where the dutchman and quarter meet.
L-29 3/8"
29 3/4"
30 1/8"
C-30 3/8"
30 1/16"
29 11/16"
R-29 5/16"
Same way to edge of molding.
L-30"
C-31"
R-30"

Auto Transport Service