• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Restomod Advice

quackhead96

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Just got my 69 coronet purchased. It was exactly what I wanted a plain jane 318 car but solid bones. In my head I would like to find a wrecked newer challenger and use as much as possible to make this car super fun. Obviously I am wanting to find a hemi car use the transmission and as much wiring as possible. Still up in air in my mind would be interior including gauges, center console and seats. Also wondering if anyone has advice for suspension, power steering, A/C and tail lights would like to make this an extremely custom car.

Just got my 69 coronet purchased. It was exactly what I wanted a plain jane 318 car but solid bones. In my head I would like to find a wrecked newer challenger and use as much as possible to make this car super fun. Obviously I am wanting to find a hemi car use the transmission and as much wiring as possible. Still up in air in my mind would be interior including gauges, center console and seats. Also wondering if anyone has advice for suspension, power steering, A/C and tail lights would like to make this an extremely custom car.
There are a couple of B bodies out there that are reskinned late models.
Mike

You have a wide array of options depending upon many factors not the least of which is whether you are doing the work or not. You can certainly transplant a G3 Hemi drive train into the car or you can go way beyond and transplant the IRS as well and then go several routes with the front suspension.

If you want the car REALLY custom, well that is in the eye of the beholder. What you might like/want might be considered something else completely by others (although this is of little regard since it is your car). I would recommend you take a look at Schwartz Performance and there full frame set up or Speed Tech and their new IRS and front suspension systems. Of course all of this comes at a cost and not a little one.

The sky is the limit. All of that other stuff (AC, PS, Brakes, etc.) is ancillary to base set up/system and about anything can be done.

Auto Transport Service
Back