• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner quarter to rocker lower seam

Deanfitz27

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I have my car almost ready for primer, 95% of the body work is complete, it's still on the rotisserie, it has all been stripped to bare metal/blasted, just wondering if anybody knows how the very lower rocker to quarter seem should be finished? I know the seam up by the door gets filled, but how about on the very bottom side of the rocker? A picture would be helpful if anyone has one. Thanks

Would have been crudely done with lead from the factory. I always dig out most of the lead and cover with duaglass.

Would have been crudely done with lead from the factory. I always dig out most of the lead and cover with duaglass.
That's what I thought. I thought they completly filled and smoothed the seam over, but I also seen a car in which it was not filled at all at the bottom, and you could actually see where the metal from the quarter over lapped the rocker and it wasn't filled.

Auto Transport Service
Back