• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger from Downunder

71Hardtop

Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Hi all here are some more pics of the new project. Back to work tomorrow for two weeks so hopefully parts I ordered start to arrive so I can get moving.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 374
Nice, looks very original. What parts do you have on order? How did it come to be in your possessions.

Good looking charger congratulations. Looks like a fun project(not much work) good luck with it.

Congratulations on being a mopar charger owner. She's a beauty. Keep us posted as you progress - great project car.

The car was imported to Australia back in 2007, I bought it off the second owner who became ill and no longer had time to fix it. He couldn't sell it on ebay so I made him an offer over the phone and purchased it sight unseen due to it be the equivalent of 600miles away. I shipped it up and I knew he bought a heap of parts on trip he did to the USA a few years earlier. The savings alone on those parts are huge to me. I have purchased a new fuel tank, complete floor pan and windscreen so far. I am in search of drivers side fender it is beyond repair. The rest of the rust repairs I will fix myself being a welder by trade. Will keep you posted on progress

Hi everyone, well parts started arriving today from the states and I couldn't work out why my shipping costs were so high until I unpacked the boxes. I received a full trunk floor pan a L/R full rocker panels for a 69/70 Charger and a couple of parts for a Coronet not of which I ordered or paid for. I received the parts I ordered except for the fuel tank straps but I will get that sorted. Will post some photos tomorrow.

cheers,

Ben

Sounds like a good deal I'm sure someone over there needs those parts I'd make the company pay back your shipping I bet they will say keep the parts too. Sounds like your moving along can't wait for the pictures

- - - Updated - - -

That color are you going with?

Hi again, here are the photos of the parts as promised. i have posted on some other forums and will post on this one the parts for sale, I have someone asking about the floor pan already.

I hope to recoup some of the shipping costs I didn't intend to pay for but not rob anyone blind at the same time.

I intend to keep the Orange color and have a black vinyl roof to put on it down the track

Cheers
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 237
  • rocker 1.jpg
    rocker 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 243
  • floor pan resize.jpg
    floor pan resize.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 235
  • rocker 2.jpg
    rocker 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 246
Very cool where did you get your tank from? I have been getting mine from Canada and there purity nice (better the the made in Mexico tanks)

Hey Mate,

Good to see another 71+ Charger being built in Oz.

If you are keeping the 318, I have a set of brand new Hedman Headers Extractors to suit yours. I'm in Perth :)

Look forward to seeing the updates.

Rob.

I ordered it through RockAuto with the panels

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone, I have some before and after photos of the work I did today and yesterday. I have decided to start at rear of the car and work my way forward. No point getting the motor going if the body and chassis are right.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rob for the offer, the guy I bought the car had already bought a new set of headers for the car and threw them in with the deal. I will keep the 318 as I am just going for a cruiser with a nice sound. Let me know any good suppliers for parts you have found in Australia. Need all the help I can get.

cheers,

Ben

Attachments

• bumper with dint.jpg
    bumper with dint.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 191
  • bumper after 3.jpg
    bumper after 3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 191
  • valance 1.jpg
    valance 1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 205
  • valance 2.jpg
    valance 2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 199
  • valance 3.jpg
    valance 3.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 195
front no seats.jpgrear no seats.jpgfloor removed.jpgdrivers frame rail.jpgpassenger front floor.jpg
Here are some photos of the progress so far from last couple of weeks. Floor will take a bit longer to put in due to frame rail repairs needs first

Hi Everyone, just letting you know I am still alive. Was out of work for around six months so had the time but not the money to work on the Charger. That has all changed, been working on the car again and will have new photos to post in a couple of weeks. Stay safe and have a Great Christmas and New Year

Auto Transport Service
Back