• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger in local junk yard Fargo

Scott Bender

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Was rummaging around local junkyard today. Hazers Salvage West Fargo. 71 in GY3 curious yellow with alot of useable parts on it and an old Barracuda not to far from it.

IMG_20231218_151427870_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151434262.jpg

IMG_20231218_151437981_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151443063_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151456718_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151501732_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151519423_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151845173_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_151855608_HDR.jpg

Looks like lots of classics in that yard...and the snow isn't deep yet.:poke:
I remember freezing at a few u-pull-its in my younger years thinking a special part had to come home with me in the middle of winter...with nothing to stop the wind.

Cool find, I used to rummage around for Chevelle parts way back in the day. Might need to run over there and have a look.

Yep, I've gotten parts off that Charger! There used to be a '70 Satellite out there, too. Brought my floor jack and a bunch of tools to strip the Satellite and they had gotten rid of it a couple day earlier!

Yep, I've gotten parts off that Charger! There used to be a '70 Satellite out there, too. Brought my floor jack and a bunch of tools to strip the Satellite and they had gotten rid of it a couple day earlier!
You take the Drinkers side fender?

Dang......that Cuda gots parts......wish I was closer !

I grew up in Mandan and used to know every mopar in every yard locally between Mandan and Bismarck.. It was fun in the 70's and 80's as there was a fair bit available.

I can't say I remember Byron but I might, I definitely remember Bob but I can't say I remember any specific cars of his. Bob was a chevy guy right?

I do remember running against the son of the guy who owned Hedahls (sp), he had a clone 69 Hemi FB Cuda.

I still have a best friend back there that knows all these guys (those still alive). Back in the day (late 70's) I don't remember many guys from Mandan out on the streets, most were from Bismarck. Back then there was a 70 Chevelle SS 454 that was said to be king but I don't think that was necessarily true. He ran with a guy who had a 70 or 71 Nova with a SB that was very quick. I was running my 74 Challenger with a 440 6 pack.

IMG_1605.JPG

I think I painted a house or houses out in the Apple Creek area, my dad was a painting contractor.

Yeas we have about a 12 yr age gap, I was born in 60. I left ND in 83 and went onto active duty in the Army and never moved back. I used to visit about one a year or so until my family has all passed but as I said I still have a friend back there as well as some extended family.

The name Fettig is familiar but I cannot say I actually knew him. I used to get a lot of my parts out at Johnsons and a couple of other yards. I worked for a while at Scotty's mufflers on Main street in Bismarck (long gone) and worked at Dave Wrecking over by the Penitentiary.

I know Bob through another buddy, but I don't remember any Mopars he had. I bought all my speed stuff at Rough Riders, man I once had a significant bill there... LOL We used to cruise up and down main in Bismarck every weekend during the summer.

Auto Transport Service
Back