• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Superbee radiator protection

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
Just noticed this, the front end of my Charger below the front bumper is wide open, meaning any kind of road debris can jump in there and damage the radiator. I have hideaway headlights.

Is there something supposed to go in that space to help protect the radiator? It is the space where a front license plate might go, although the opening is much larger than a license plate.

Here is one with the front valence with license plate and without the lower front spoiler.

Yellow Bee.jpg

Other than the plate its wide open to the radiator.

IMG_1691.jpg

Other than the plate its wide open to the radiator.

View attachment 1147276

Do you have more info on that car? I haven't seen the lower chrome trim before, but my Charger 500 came with the hood/fender trim like shown and I am mission one side of the fender trim. Most others with the front fender trim wraps around the side (I think SE package?)

Do you have more info on that car? I haven't seen the lower chrome trim before, but my Charger 500 came with the hood/fender trim like shown and I am mission one side of the fender trim. Most others with the front fender trim wraps around the side (I think SE package?)

The valance trim is standard on the SE. Mine originally had the full fender trim pieces but being pot metal they are impossible to find in nice shape so I opted for the stainless pieces instead. I bought those fender ones from a member here.

Do you think the short stainless fender pieces are 500 model specific?

after detail.JPG

Mine has the same trim. Guess I need to put the front '1971' plate on. Seems odd to have the radiator exposed to road crud like that though. I don't have the lower chrome trim either, that's new to me.

Would some sort of screen be in order to protect the radiator? With proper size holes that is.

Auto Transport Service
Back