• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

98 mile survivor 63 savoy lightweight

Seth Jones

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Stunning survivor that debuted at MCACN 2023

IMG_3174.jpeg

IMG_3173.jpeg

ONLY 53 PASSES not counting pit driving / delivery / dealer movement.

i did more in 1 year of drag racing

It was blown up in 65 and parked. Original owner until he passed last fall. Its legit.

Goes to show that they are still out there.
Some guys just like to own but never use a car, truck, motorcycle.

Amazing car! Must of been sealed in a giant Zip Loc bag. It's true, there are some still around.

Amazing! Those plasti fuel filters, the one on the right, wow, looks like it is dang near resting on the exhaust manifold.

Time capsule of 1963, a treasure trove of information. I have a 8,000 mile rig that is 100% original. People say: They always came this way, or they never came that way. I have the line setting ticket that proves mine came that way.

Light weight hi comp had those air cleaners? Not the units that sealed to the underside of hood scoop?

Light weight hi comp had those air cleaners? Not the units that sealed to the underside of hood scoop?
They came with both but one of the velocity stacks was missing for this car. The driveshaft was nowhere to be found either. Tow bar was still with it!

Last edited:

4F5FC639-C63F-4351-8CE5-DA338716C02A.jpeg

Here's a photo showing the cutouts for the stacks. And yes only one was in the trunk :(.
All early super stocks came with air cleaners, even the lightweights. Who knows, some one might want a street race :D.

Last edited:
See torqueflite on the door. Being a pushbutton fan, having one, seem to recall the SS’s came with a manual VB with the first and drive buttons reversed? When I occasionally get to shifting mine manually watching the tach, like the idea of pushing downward rather than up in the direction of N or R on the buttons. Remember my dad’s ’63 GP, floor-shift auto, R position wasn’t so great where it was..

Here's a 64' Dodge Super Stock with hood scoop not ordered. The hood frame has been cut for the air cleaners, but no cut outs for the stacks. Note the factory mod on the rear of the right the inner fender. First 50 cars only. Inner fender mod was to fit NASCAR special exhaust manifolds. Sources say none fitted, but there is a guy out there who claims he owns the only one the factory actually made. Might be the red car pictured below.
1964-dodge-coronet-330-max-wedge (1).jpg
1964-dodge-coronet-330-max-wedge.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing! Those plasti fuel filters, the one on the right, wow, looks like it is dang near resting on the exhaust manifold.
Actually, I don't know if those filters are correct. Went to metal in 63' I believe ( ? ). The filter is in the right location. Maybe that's why it's metal! Perhaps the originals were changed in order to run the engine? I would have.

Last edited:
My theory is, with the Hemi introduction just around the corner, those big, beautiful, heavy, spaghetti manifolds were given up on. :(

Look at the photo in the 12th post. It shows that the filter is truly about 6 inches above the exhaust manifold. The picture in the first post does look concerning though.

Auto Transport Service
Back