• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a couple shots of the harley

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
first ride on the bike this year. thinking (probably) about putting it up for sale. been a labor of love for several years but im to the point i have to much junk. cant afford insurance on everything, dont have the time to keep the stuff up. also not into dealing with texting or talking drivers and the ridiculous pot holes. Guess the ape's don't feel quite as cool as they did 10 years ago either.... damn, im getting old

harleymay2014014_zps9203a367.jpg

harleymay2014037_zpsa3f86f92.jpg

harleymay2014040_zpsfc74eb26.jpg
]

If riding is in your blood, you'll regret selling it. Been there, done that! I've been riding for over 40 yrs. Here's mine...

Attachments

• IMAG0632.jpg
    IMAG0632.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 286
Nice bike, I'd have a hard time letting that one go. ;)

Only had my bike out twice this year, due to rain and all the work it's created, but I will never get rid of my bike till I'm physically unable to ride.

Sold mine awhile ago (investment capital) Been wanting another ever since I watched it roll away. We've been noticing the bikes out lately and the bug to get another is as strong as ever..Maybe just a bar change...

Attachments

• Picture 412.jpg
    Picture 412.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 256
Sold mine awhile ago (investment capital) Been wanting another ever since I watched it roll away. We've been noticing the bikes out lately and the bug to get another is as strong as ever..Maybe just a bar change...

Same here..sold mine a couple years ago to help fund my Roadrunner build. Might take some flak here, but honestly i'm enjoying the roadrunner a lot more than I did the bike. Flying planes, riding a 170+HP snowmobile and driving a 600+HP musclecar makes riding that Road King seem pretty laid back. Adrenaline junky I guess. Never the less, that can't quench that urge to have two wheels on the pavement, rolling down the open road. Someday....someday

bb.jpg

Prop wash sold the Harley at the top of the food chain;There's a reason it's named The King. I have a 2011 Road King & it will go only after my funeral.

Chopper 001.jpgChopper 005.jpgChopper 006.jpgChopper 020.jpgHere are some pics of my ole Harley. I built it several years ago. I call it "Spare Parts" ( the name of Harley accessory catalog back in the 40's)because that is what it's made from. My stash of parts, my friends stash of parts and swap meet parts, plus some fabricated parts I made. Long story about this scooter.............................MO
Last pic is my grandson- I couldn't figger out how to take his pic out of this post . Oh well, lucky you to see him!!

Attachments

• Rory helping mom 3.jpg
    Rory helping mom 3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 160
Not a Harley, but my ride, 1500 Intruder...if it offends the Harley group, I'll delete the pics, my trip to Wv. to my parents house.

P7130002_zpsc2cf8fa9.jpg

P7130005_zps185a8b9b.jpg

it's got a Harley fairing...lol

P7130007_zps2e129284.jpg

....in regards to bars, I had a shovelhead rigid many a moon ago with an 8 over springer and a poorly sprung solo saddle. I decided to put a set of Swedish pull backs on (they look like apes but with the hand grips turned in). I traveled exactly three blocks before I made the uncharacteristically smart decision to remove said bars. Freakin' things scared the beejesus out of me. :pixie:

OP, nice ride. For myself the apes would give way to drag bars and the sissy bar would go. Slick it down some. What's the details to that baby?!

Nice Pan Mo!

I had a '49 hardtail back in the day. Hard on the kidneys, lol
Thank you. When I had young kidneys, I built a BSA chopper with solid struts in place of the rear shocks. I have never owned a hardtail since!!!!.........................MO

All of these are sold now except the red RR
254019_222078164487520_8042974_n.jpg

Prop this helps boost the adrenaline. Lol
16652_101757213186283_4344129_n.jpg

Nice looking bike!! Been awhile since I owned one. 1st one was a homemade mini bike with a sting ray front end and butterfly bars and a special made seat that really smoothed out the ride. No pics of it but it ran 55 mph with a modified 3.5 BS engine. 2nd was a 71 Honda 350SL then an 81 Honda 750 CB Custom. Ever since the mini bike I've wanted a Harley and just maybe one will be in the near future. I've rode enough of them to know I like them....

Same here..sold mine a couple years ago to help fund my Roadrunner build. Might take some flak here, but honestly i'm enjoying the roadrunner a lot more than I did the bike. Flying planes, riding a 170+HP snowmobile and driving a 600+HP musclecar makes riding that Road King seem pretty laid back. Adrenaline junky I guess. Never the less, that can't quench that urge to have two wheels on the pavement, rolling down the open road. Someday....someday

View attachment 188437

I hear ya propwash, I sold mine along with most of my project /parts car collection for real estate. Shiney chrome go-fasters, all I have for 2 wheels these days is an enduro and minbike side project (I was looking for 80 mph out of it, but 50 mph is scary enough) and healing takes way to long these days. Aircraft is a passion of mine as well, but always seems out of reach cost wise. Gliders to jets, I like em and like to fly em. My current fire breathin hog.
:icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 129
Auto Transport Service
Back