• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a833 removal

I doubt WD40 will cut it. I would try something like Kroil or PB Blaster and let it soak. It might help if you can rig it up to stand on the tail shaft (protect the rear seal and splined shaft) and puddle penetrant around the transmission bearing retainer and register in the bell housing.

I doubt WD40 will cut it. I would try something like Kroil or PB Blaster and let it soak. It might help if you can rig it up to stand on the tail shaft (protect the rear seal and splined shaft) and puddle penetrant around the transmission bearing retainer and register in the bell housing.
Sadly, we don't have many options other than wd40 around here. I'll go tomorrow to a big store and check what they have.

Put bell and trans back on engine with 4 bolts don't use just 2 bolts. Work it up and down, not to hard the input shaft is in crank but will wiggle some. Bet once you start wiggling it up and down it won't take 5 minutes.

Auto trans fluid thinned with acetone, lacquar thinner, or mineral spirits works just as well as the big name stuff. A big hammer and a big drift rod on the flats of the bellhousing near the trans should get it started.

You would need to block the front of, or the whole trans up off the floor so the bellhousing hangs free to do it.

I had the time today, if came out with the help from fire and a hammer.

DSC03883.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back