• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum head choice

JackpotJim I sent you a private message

Thanx Scott

JackpotJim I sent you a private message

Thanx Scott
The inner spring I posted about on my E Street heads in a earlier post is actually called a dampner, looks like a inner spring, my bad. Thanks for the clarification Scott.

We usually dont use a 268xe for a pump gas build past 9.5::1. Actually seen some detonation in the low 9s lugging it. You will get some heat dissipation with the aluminum head upgrade...IMO not enough for 10.5:1. There really is very little gained from running that small of cam with high compression. Unless you really like the smell of race gas...suggest to your engine builder to try for upper 9's if the cam is staying.

Im excited for the dyno test. Hows the build coming? I have a forged crank, stock rod, cast piston, stock block motor and want to make as much power as possible to move a big fat 71 dodge! keep us posted!

Hey have you considered any Indy heads? I seem to never hear the name mentioned just trick flow and stealth. I wonder where the trick flow and stealths are made? I’m gathering cost maybe a factor just curious ?

Auto Transport Service
Back