• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I Crazy? Sandblaster Outside?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
So I am considering buying the HF sandblaster. I don’t have room in the garage and therefore would need to have this kept and used outside. We don’t get much rain and humidity is low here in AZ and I would cover it when not used. Is this crazy? Anyone else ever do this with success or failure?
MF

Crazy? No.

Eventually there will be enough sand to call it your own personal beach if you have a pool, otherwise your own personal desert.

Last edited:
Crazy? No.

Eventually there will be enough sand to call it your own personal beach, if you have a pool, otherwise your own personal desert.
Are you referring to an unmodified HF unit or your desire to hang out in a thong?

Can you use other media in those units? Better yet, is there one of those national franchised
mobile blasting companies in your area?
I've done the sandblaster thing outside in the past and you will not BELIEVE how much sand waste
you wind up with!

Are you referring to an unmodified HF unit or your desire to hang out in a thong?

UNSEE.gif

I had an issue with mine let a co worker borrow the unit he left it out side and maybe it's because I'm in hot muggy FL but everything gummed up and valves rusted inside . Out side looked brand new still when I got it back thought nothing of it went to use it a few weeks later and found this out .

Had to buy another pot

I have blasted for years and I can't recommend blasting in a thong. Flesh is fragile!
Mike

Can you use other media in those units? Better yet, is there one of those national franchised
I've done the sandblaster thing outside in the past and you will not BELIEVE how much sand waste
you wind up with!
Are you saying by waste, escaping sand or spent sand (breaking up after use i.e. poor recycleability)?

I did my 63 fury outside and covered the ground with a tarp beforehand and was able to recycle the sand that way.

you wind up with!

Ed I believe he is talking about a blast cabinet instead of one them stick it in a bucket of sand jobs.

Ed I believe he is talking about a blast cabinet instead of one them stick it in a bucket of sand jobs.
Yup I already posted my results from using my pressure washer sand blaster for large parts two weeks ago now! Worked great! Now thinking about all the small parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back