• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Angry

tjgp360

Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
OK ! so here i am bleeding my brakes on the doba with a buddy to get rid of the sponge brake (The brakes are still spongy by the way) so he's holding the brake down and i bleed the driver side, as i start on the passenger side i noticed the nipple is clogged and no fluid is being released, so instead of doing the right thing and cleaning it out I decide to be lazy and take the whole dang thread out to bleed it, so as im screwing it back in with a socket i build up momentum and *SNAP* i break the F****NG nipple right off, now i have no idea how to take it out and worse of all THE BREAKS ARE STILL SPONGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That sucks, definitely time for an EZ out and I think you are supposed to start the bleeding process with the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder and work your way towards it, if I'm not mistaken.

:yes:
That sucks, definitely time for an EZ out and I think you are supposed to start the bleeding process with the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder and work your way towards it, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, you are rite :)

I feel your pain brother just slow down a little & try again. I had to blead my brakes three times befor I got it right. I have a roadrunner & the rear brakes are the worst because the master cylinder has such a little resavore. Start at the right rear, four SLOW pumps then refill it and try the left rear. Use a clear hose on the nippal with the hose end in a clear jar with about half full of break fluid.

For brake bleeding......Mighty-Vac kits are cheap these days. You owe it to yourself.

That SUPER sucks...and I believe you are correct Matt, it's usu. the right rear you start with, and move to the front :yes:

For brake bleeding......Mighty-Vac kits are cheap these days. You owe it to yourself.

Man, Scott, i really haven't had a lot of luck with the mity-vac, i always wound up bleeding 'em the old fashioned way...and it sucks lemme tell ya...:rolling: But it works!!! :grin:

Another thing that works great for getting out broken bolts is a left hand drill bit. Sounds like I just made it up but they really exist. The idea is you start drilling the hole (CCW setting on drill) and soon enough the bit will grab and unscrew the broken bolt. The idea, as you probably figured out by now, is not to drill it out but to get it to grab and unscrew. Use the largest bit you can without damaging the threads.

Just do a search for left hand drill bit set.

Has anyone ever tried to 'gravity' bleed the brakes? I've done it a few times and it worked. You can stay at the master and add fluid as the level goes down and after topping it off a few times, just go back and close the bleeder and top off the master before doing the other wheel.

And the left handed drill bit does work but I have broken them before. I'm a retired machinist and well, after 30 years, you're going to break things from time to time lol

I have used the gravity method and it works great. Gravity does all the work, and you don't need help.

ok update! well found out that this same caliper is no good, yup it froze. here is the story.... I drove the doba to a friends house to help out with the valve , as i started to remove the rim i noticed an absurd amount of heat radiating from the rotor, so as i unscrew one of the lugs me being the smart person i am decided to unscrew it the rest of the way by hand, as soon as i touch the lug to remove it i get burned BAD and it drops into a puddle of water needless to say it starts sizzling and evaporates all the water that was there..........oh and im not going to even start on how hard it is to find a dang caliper, i had to order one twice and when i finally get the correct side i find out the threads are screwed ...............

Recently I had a similar issue with my 99 Cirrus. First I thought it was the caliper because I couldnt compress the piston. Then I cracked the bleeder and VIOLA! It compressed! Turns out the flexible brake hose had collapsed internally. Sure, the thousand PSI could pass through and apply the brake, but it was unable to retract. Its also one of those "While I'm at it" kind of things to change. You might even get better pedal feel.

Auto Transport Service
Back