• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the daily rant

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
long over due,
I encourage participation,
keep it clean, we all know you are pissed........

me first

I have a package to ship, and prescriptions to pick up........ post office is closer so I go there first

post office is closed for 1 hour for lunch........... there are at least 6 people there behind a locked door, I can see them through the glass

everyone has to take lunch together? really? you can't stagger the lunch breaks just a little?

F it, I go to the pharmacy inside the rite aid......... the partitions are pulled down, you guessed it; everyone on lunch at the same time.......for an hour....... I caught the beginning of lunch hour at both stops

am I wrong for wanting to go potal? no pun intended :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
In construction, we all took lunch at the same time but we were Union. The non Union jobs that I worked sometimes took lunch at random times.
There is an automotive paint store here that closes at noon and opens at 1:00. It is a popular store so I guess it doesn't deter enough customers to matter to the owner.
I agree with you though....It isn't convenient for the customers.

if I were in some sort of retail business, no way I'm losing that hour..........

Well, is your post office posting opening hours on the building that your entering?
You have an "official" post office building that you go to, or is it in some other type of retail business building?
You must live in a pretty small town, if you have a post office, that's closed for the lunch hour.
Personally, i never heard of a post office closing for lunch, until you mentioned this.

There are several restaurants here that don't open for lunch until 12:00 noon.

WTF?

You're gonna lose out on all that 11:00, and 11:30 lunch business?

What you really need is a portable potable potal potato.

don't make me go potal on yo azz! :icon_fU:
rambo-pumped.gif

There are several restaurants here that don't open for lunch until 12:00 noon.

WTF?

You're gonna lose out on all that 11:00, and 11:30 lunch business?
My first job was at a restaraunt that closed for lunch. They would stop seating at 10:30 on weekdays and 11:00 on the weekend. On the weekend, by the time we got people out the door and everything cleaned up we would have less than 4 hours before we had to be back for dinner shift. Most people only worked both shifts on the weekend though.

Bought a coil and bracket from 68hemiRR back on the 11th. He shipped it on the 12th. I watched tracking, saw it make it to Chicago and CLEARED Customs on the 16th! Then watched it go back to him on tracking and it was delivered to HIM today in MN! FFS...

Bought a coil and bracket from 68hemiRR back on the 11th. He shipped it on the 12th. I watched tracking, saw it make it to Chicago and CLEARED Customs on the 16th! Then watched it go back to him on tracking and it was delivered to HIM today in MN! FFS...

imagine performing your job like that :eek:

Last edited:
Great :rolleyes: . Nows dadsbee is going potal.

Blow a gasket. Get so mad the vanes in your forehead bulge out. I can relate to all the comments on going postal. I have noticed how inconsiderate people are now days when buying items like at the parts store. They have the Walter attitude get your S------ and get out. What is the world come to with service.

How about setting up an account with the Post Office? I have had one for years now and can handle all my package shipping from here at the house. Process my postage costs, schedule a pick up by the route carrier, have the packages ready and waiting with a ledger of the packages, and then easy/peasy no wasted time going to the PO substation. As for the Pharmacy? I have the same issue with Walgreens when I have to use them as they close for lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 1:40 p.m. daily. So I try and get to them before that time or after. It is clearly evident that workers are now more concerned about their lunch breaks and breaks, and the customers be damned!!! Otherwise, I get 90% of my prescriptions from the VA with free delivery by??? You guessed it...The US Postal Service...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back