• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Recognize these Wheels?

drobertson

Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
After I bought my Charger in 2015, I dragged 'er home and started fixing it up. When I got the trunk to finally unlock, I found 4 of these inside. I went ahead and put new rubber on them, and drove the car.

In fall of 2016, I started the restoration of my car. I have thought about putting on factory rallye's or road wheels, but these grew on me. I'll completely refinish the wheels, but I'm curious as to who made them, and what model they are. They are aluminum, if that wasn't already obvious. 14" by 7" (or 8" can't remember).

18.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 1973 Charger hardtop.jpg

There were several manufacturers of the multi spoke aluminum wheels. In the 80s, some people called them "Hurricane" wheels. I don't know if that was a company or just a description of the design. They are pretty durable.

Last edited:
Cordoba?

...but they'd likely be 15".

My ex-girlfriend had a '78'ish Dodge "hippie conversion van" that had very similar looking wheels on it that were stock.

Have you checked the back of the wheel, some manufacturers stamped their name on the inside of the rim. But as stated they could have been made by any number of companies, Western, American Racing, etc, and were called Hurricane, turbine, and cyclone by the various companies.

wow,i totally forgot about your charger,
i still have those grills if you need them.

on those wheels,
they look like turbines/aka cordoba wheels or ford ltd wheels.
heres the bad part,i know you like them But,
they are wayyyyy too small and skinny for your charger.
for that size B-bod,you are gonna want at least some big wide 15-s.
jmo

a 15x7 with a 265-50-15 fills the wells on my 73 Satellite PERFECTLY.

...and hankook makes that size tire in RWL- $125

wow,i totally forgot about your charger,
i still have those grills if you need them.

on those wheels,
they look like turbines/aka cordoba wheels or ford ltd wheels.
heres the bad part,i know you like them But,
they are wayyyyy too small and skinny for your charger.
for that size B-bod,you are gonna want at least some big wide 15-s.
jmo

That's part of why I want to figure out exactly what these wheels are, to see if I can find some 15x8's for the back.

After I bought my Charger in 2015, I dragged 'er home and started fixing it up. When I got the trunk to finally unlock, I found 4 of these inside. I went ahead and put new rubber on them, and drove the car.

In fall of 2016, I started the restoration of my car. I have thought about putting on factory rallye's or road wheels, but these grew on me. I'll completely refinish the wheels, but I'm curious as to who made them, and what model they are. They are aluminum, if that wasn't already obvious. 14" by 7" (or 8" can't remember).

View attachment 411378 View attachment 411379 View attachment 411380 View attachment 411381
Mold can grow on you too. Please save up some money, and get wheels that fill the wheel well, and look good doing it. These wheels are hideous. I know you didn't ask for opinions, but someone's gotta speak up.

My ex-girlfriend had a '78'ish Dodge "hippie conversion van" that had very similar looking wheels on it that were stock.
Remember the ad campaign during the late 70s to early 80s.... The Adult Toys? Nothing to do with genitalia, all about Dodge Trucks and Vans.

i saw you disagreed with Furyus,but hey,i think hes right man.
those wheels just dont do the car justice.

may i make a suggestion?
go surf ebay for an hour or so,look at vintage mags/used.
see what kinda styles are out there,yanno?
plus they sell complete lug sets for cheaper than any parts store.

you can then sell the ones you got,which are for smaller cars anyways,and make some of your money back.
just a coupla thoughts.

o and,very importante~
Backspacing is critical on mags,esp in the rear end dept.
Know what you need Before you Buy.

Wheels are like many things: opinions will vary so do what YOU like.
They were free, right? No big deal to run what you already have, no money spent other than tires that you can use elsewhere.

called Cyclones too IIRC {?}

ET Mags had some very similar

Rim ET Mags Advert. #1.jpg

Appliance, Superior, US Mag, American Racing, Keystone {?}
a bunch of different companies made them &
called them different names

Auto Transport Service
Back