• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else into bicycles?

IMG_1796.JPG

saw a Hutch trick star at a swap meet a couple years ago - chrome and black - in mint condition. I just casually brought up the bike while we BS'd about some of his other stuff, hoping he didn't know what he had.

Yeah he knew my game - told me the price was like $3000 and we both had a laugh.

Just a plan simple 1970s 10 spd 26" Schwin street bike. Rode while the kids were growing up and lived in the city. Now takes more time to get it operable than what its worth.
No more 10 min. Trips to the store attributes to this more than anything.

Bikes I used to own.

My first MTB Specialized Rockhopper Comp

1990-specialized-rock-hopper-comp-01-copy.jpg

Upgraded to full suspension with a John Tomac Signature Giant ATX 980

bd3ba6672b85453fe626ec68d0ec9cdc.jpg

Upgraded next to a Schwinn S-20

IMG_0315-640x429.jpg

Bike I had when in DC/Arlington in 2003 Schwinn Aluminum

Roger's bikes 2003 002.jpg

I do some mountain biking too. Still have my trusty '98 Gary Fischer Hoo Koo E Koo. She's in the shed so post some pics later

Last edited:
I still have my schwinn scrambler i bought with lawn cutting money back in around 1980. I got er all shined up and hanging upside down from padded hooks in the rafters of my shop.

One of my brothers is into riding, and he has been going on rides for years - one of the things that he plans on his rides is to try and get in a "century ride" in every state that he rides. In other words, he tries to get a 100 mile bike ride in one day in every state . . . that's pretty cool, but I can' even imagine that ( ouch ! ) . . .

One of my brothers is into riding, and he has been going on rides for years - one of the things that he plans on his rides is to try and get in a "century ride" in every state that he rides. In other words, he tries to get a 100 mile bike ride in one day in every state . . . that's pretty cool, but I can' even imagine that ( ouch ! ) . . .

That's commitment! I'll ride 20 miles normally, 40-50 occasionally but... damn my boys are aching just thinking about it.

Built my first one last month. Based a mid 80's Jamis Boss Cruiser frame. 80 cc worked engine. Added nitrous for kicks via a whip it kit. Scary fast and it is too hot to wear the safety gear it demands. Still breakin in the engine so no WOT for any length of time , but got 35 mph on a Florida flat road.
20170612_131743.jpg
20170612_135204.jpg

i do old 26'' cruzz'rs , the less gears the better for daily town to/from riding , even though i'm a gearhead , lol . have a few from old hawthorne , murray , schwinn , a couple jap and chink copies . even well lubed rear rims hubs are problems sometimes , hard to find any good old usa made stuff , even the mex bendex is better then the chink stuff . better quality matl's and machining on the older usa made parts . we made the best stuff , until profitering was more important then produce that lasted .

Couple years ago got back into the biking. Had my brothers old Schwinn Continental that he bought with his high school graduation money in early 80's. He took it to college and used a few parked cars as brakes. Been in garage for 20 years so I got it out and rebuilt it. Put several hundred road miles on it and then my youngest son took it. Bought a Schwinn hybrid and enjoy riding that.

i have a yamaha kt100 cart motor with a horstman wet clutch i've been toy with putting on a alloy alum 26'' frame with front suspension . a friend has a shop that has done some motorizing of bicycles . rear rims must get beef't up spokes, rim and hubs . oh ya brakes must be better !

built my dad an old schwinn 5 speed collegiate years back . he never rode it . still sitting there in the basement with my stash .

Cool thread guys! That LeMond is sweet! and man the Rippers bring back memories..I had a GT in the day. I ride road bikes now, my current rides are a carbon Trek Domane, a State singledpeed 48/13T (just for the pain of it!) and I also have a Cannondale hybrid that I use to beat around on when it's rainy, and on trips out of town when I might want to get off the pavement a little, like this week....
20170620_174244.jpg

20170413_172202.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back