• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a real A12 car for sale?

Broken Mopar

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Just sold my viper and am toying with the idea of picking up an A12 car. 4 speed car wanted. If anyone has a line on a good complete car, either restored or project drop me a PM. Thanks in advance. Spook.

Just keep checking the Lift Off Hood forum on a regular basis in the For Sale section. They are regularly listed there no matter what the source.

Thanks for the leads. Knew about most of those cars. Don't want to deal with a dealer if possible. Appreciate it. Spook

A12 projects seem to have dried up lately. A few years ago, several popped out of the woodwork when the "market" turned south and they sold way too cheap (under 10k). My feeling is that most guys that have them would rather just hang onto them now... So, you either have to ante up and buy a done car for $65k plus, or hold out on a cheaper project/driver typr car to come up for grabs. I think that is why this project just brought so much (it also helped that it was #'s matching and well documented).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I would pay 65K for a restored car, but it seems that some folks feel the cars are worth 100K and that in this market seems a bit excessive in my humble opinion. Thanks for the reply. Spook.

Just another thought while I am babbling...I guess I would like to get a Road runner A12 if I am going to pay up for either a project or a completed car. Just personal preference. Thanks again. Spook

Curious....

Still looking: project or finished car. Thanks. Spook​

http://www.cars-on-line.com/31540.html

Have you inquired about this car...? I am curious about it myself, but in no position to concider a purchase. I special ordered and took delivery of a T5 A12 runner in 1969. This is not my old car but close enough.

Bluefury: Have seen that car on the net for a LONG time...don't know what the story is except maybe the color is killing it. I guess if I am going to do a project I want it to be in a color I can live with for a while. No offense to anyone, but not much into brown cars. Thanks for the reply. Spook

Thanks for the lead. Am also looking at a project car semi locally. Quick question: how impossible is it to find "H" wheels and a correct distributor for an A12 car? Thanks again. Spook.

Finding correct '69 dated H-wheels is no easy task. Finding look alike '70-1 H-wheels is a bit easier to pull off and MUCH less expensive. The distributors pop up from time to time. The 4-spd being much less common and more $$$ when found.

Color.....

maybe the color is killing it. I guess if I am going to do a project I want it to be in a color I can live with for a while. No offense to anyone, but not much into brown cars.

It's not really brown spook, althought it looks that way in the pictures. It is code T5, (bronze fire metallic) and is a really striking color when done right and in the sun. It is also one of the rarest colors on an A12. The brown interior dosen't do it much justice though.
The A12 I ordered in March 69 was T5 with black interior and all tint glass.... I loved that color and never regretted ordering it.

How about this one?

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 898
Auto Transport Service
Back