• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have factory style door edge protectors?

Man, I could be wrong on this, but I don't think the factory ever offered door protectors....not even dealer installed.... but I think they're a good idea.

Anyone know better than I do?

I think they are press fit, but I haven't removed one in a long, long time. Only interference was from a worn set of hinges which caused the door to sag and the leading edge to catch the paint. It would have eventually happened without the protector, too.

as examples... 72 acc catalog

72%20acc%20p17.jpg

74 catalog

74_Accessories_Catalog_0019.jpg
_1974AccessoriesCatalog-03.shtml

I had saved in my watch list on ebay looong time the 73/74 Charger set but just for curiosity. I have never thought on get and install them. removed from my watch list and now can't find them listed anymore

Option in 72 included on my RR, code M05. Press fit. Not easy to remove once pressed on.

Door Edge M05.JPG

This is from Jimmy Boros (http://airgrabber.com/). I've bought many items for my project from him. He is fair and honest and goes the extra mile. if I was at this point in my project, I would buy these in an instant!

Yes I have them on my '72 Road Runner. They are the flexible plastic, press fit and do not interfere with the quarter panel. They are color keyed to the car: True Blue. The car has not been restored and I believe they are original, whether factory or dealer, I don't know. I know the car's history back to the late 1980's.

I have a pair for the '70 Plymouth B-Body cars - never used them, as they scratch the hell out of a decent paint job when removing them. I would let them go if someone needs them. :)

73, press fit, stainless, I removed them and had no issues with damaging the paint when re installing them. They are optioned on the BS, but I would have to look up the code.

DUDE, I have 2 rolls of that stuff from when I had a franchise, I'll sell ya some. What color you want, chrome or black?

Auto Transport Service
Back