• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are people still staying home?

I wore a mask to get money out of the bank yesterday, wasn't my bank............. wasn't my money. They work better for that.

Apparently not;

> TSA sees record number of travelers screened in one day, with 2,883,595 people entering checkpoints across the US June 30, breaking a previous high set in 2019.

I think the whole Covid thing gave certain people a taste of how wonderful it is to be separated from the masses of humanity and they now continue to practice that. Otherwise, it seems like it's been back to normal for a while now..

That’s just people probably still leaving California.
Not all of US here, are that way, just mostly the coastal Urban-Libiots
actually very few rural communities are or were

I work in san fran every day building out office space. Government though telling people to stay home for covid was good maybe for some. But now they can’t get people back to work in the office, even forcing them or they will let them go. So instead people quit find a new job where they can work remote. I have been decoming floors after floors because it’s cheaper for people to work remote, plus it’s cheaper for company’s to move out of state and thats another factor. Just did a road trip visited 6 states Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, navada, Wyoming. So many new houses pole barns especially in Montana and Idaho locals say it’s all Californians. I would work remote if i could and also leave here, Bay Area is not what it use to be.

A friend of mine still wears one. His tone of voice is already low and wearing a mask makes it even harder to understand what he says....I kind of wonder how effective it is since he has a full beard lol
By chance, is he a Democrat? 90% of them around here are still wearing them. Even in their cars when by themselves.

Two people in a van sailed around us yesterday on a double yellow line stretch of hilly and winding country road. A few seconds later a big 'ole Mack dump truck came over the hill going the other way. The fool must have **** his drawers when he saw it. People never learn. We were doing 47 in a 50 mph section. They had to have narrowly missed creaming themselves all over the grill. Lately there have been a string of road accident deaths around Vermont involving speeding and illegal passing../

The other day I was walking in town and went to go across the street at the crosswalk. Two drivers drove right by and both gave me the finger. WTH? Nuts.
Not defending the guy for passing over a yellow line but people that drive at or below the speed limit annoy me too. Most speed limits that I've encountered are too slow for anything but a truck dragging a trailer. I understand that they are following the law but people rarely get stopped by cops for doing 5-8 mph over the limit.
We have roads here that seem like bait for citations...as if the speeds are artificially set low to pester people into speeding and getting cited for it. 4 lane wide divided road with few side roads and a 40 mph limit? Really? Arrow straight, wide Freeways at 55?
No. I won't do it.

Not defending the guy for passing over a yellow line but people that drive at or below the speed limit annoy me too. Most speed limits that I've encountered are too slow for anything but a truck dragging a trailer. I understand that they are following the law but people rarely get stopped by cops for doing 5-8 mph over the limit.
We have roads here that seem like bait for citations...as if the speeds are artificially set low to pester people into speeding and getting cited for it. 4 lane wide divided road with few side roads and a 40 mph limit? Really? Arrow straight, wide Freeways at 55?
No. I won't do it.
While I don't disagree with your comments I will tell you that's something you need to keep in mind when choosing a new place to live cause in so areas 5 over will absolutely get you a ticket...

I'll tell them my speedometer identified as being the legal speed.

1 laugh 4.jpg

No. I won't do it.
While I agree with what you say, generally, this particular road is a two lane in the country that winds up and down and around rolling forested hills. There are blind driveways everywhere and farm equipment poking along where you least expect them to be. It's a speed limit that makes perfect sense. Now, I myself, when alone in the car, generally do as you say, drive at just over the limit by 5 - 10 mph. With my wife in the car however, she's a retired trooper and MP, I do the speed limit or just below it in some dangerous areas like THIS stretch of road. It's not worth the argument's that speeding would generate. Also, as I mentioned, there have lately been a spate of head on collisions on this and another road.

While I don't disagree with your comments I will tell you that's something you need to keep in mind when choosing a new place to live cause in so areas 5 over will absolutely get you a ticket...
Vermont is pretty lax in enforcing the limits generally. The problem is that there's a few mountain chains that run North/South and the roads that are main routes are generally two lane and heavily travelled. There's only 4-5 of them. They get it that people are trying to get to their destinations through that frustrating traffic and lack of passing zones. So, the limits on all but the interstate are at 50mph and 40 elsewhere. 35/25 in towns and cities. It's a small rural state and they recognize that.

And as they give all the illegals licenses, who can't read, or speak English, coming from places where driving on the Left is the Rule, how Much better will it get ???
Like in Commifornia

Here’s how I associate that character. Most fisherman I know have one or two motors on boat. T-top and rod holders on race boat? Don’t think so. 5-450s I guess will get you to the fishing spot, but it’s all for show. There’s just too much money around to stay at home and I’ll shut up before this thread gets moved.

AA7C23C9-FCD1-4169-96BB-123EB602924C.jpeg

Here’s how I associate that character. Most fisherman I know have one or two motors on boat. T-top and rod holders on race boat? Don’t think so. 5-450s I guess will get you to the fishing spot, but it’s all for show. There’s just too much money around to stay at home and I’ll shut up before this thread gets moved.

View attachment 1492308
Jeezus H. Are those the 12 cylinder Mercs I have been hearing about? Like 600hp a piece?

Jeezus H. Are those the 12 cylinder Mercs I have been hearing about? Like 600hp a piece?
No, they’re only 450 hp. My friend that lives in the Keys told me he almost got run over a few weeks ago when he was headed to his quieter fishing spot and several of these came by. Told me they frequently race from Miami to the middle Keys and back.

Auto Transport Service
Back