• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are There Any Videos Out There On How To Remove A Rally Dash In A 70 B Body?

soundhd

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Have recently purchased a 70 Roadrunner (my first Mopar) Has the Rally Dash. Bought mopar a shop manual but it has no information at all on the rally dash. Have seen some postings about how to remove it but a video is worth a thousand words......did a couple searches for videos on how to remove a rally dash but was unable to find one.......has anyone come across one? If so can you post the web link to it. I am sure I am not the only one that would like to watch it...............

thanks

i think there is like 6 or 7 screws in the fron of it, undo those then pull it out, disconnect the speedo and any other wiring components as your pulling it out.

never seen a video anywhere, but I've taken mine out a couple of times. Very easy. I just followed the steps in the Service manual.

Main thing to make it easier is... pull the wheel, drop the column a hair (Should be obvious which bolts to loosen) and undo the speedo cable (lay on your back on driver's side floor, insert hand up and behind dash, find speedo cable) before trying to pull it out.

i think there is like 6 or 7 screws in the fron of it, undo those then pull it out, disconnect the speedo and any other wiring components as your pulling it out.

wouldn't you have to remove the windshield first to get access to those screws? i recall taking out my dash, and had to 1st. take out windshield.

wouldn't you have to remove the windshield first to get access to those screws? i recall taking out my dash, and had to 1st. take out windshield.

I made the assumption like he did that the OP meant the gauge cluster... Maybe he did mean the dash. LOL

few screws for the cluster, its easy to get out the frame needs to have the windshield removed to get it out

Auto Transport Service
Back