• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are wagon doors different?

poconos_power

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
So, I have my 68 coronet wagon now, finally getting a chance to dig into it, and I'm thinking of things like what to do about the cat whiskers for the doors, I have one door with a bad window regulator, etc. I thought I read somewhere that the doors on the 68 wagon were not the same as the doors on the 68 4dr car. Is this true? Do I need to worry about finding specific regulators and whiskers? Thanks!

The Coronet and the Satellite station wagon used the same rear doors ‘68–‘70. In this pic of two ‘68 Satellites, you can see the 4 door had matching body lines for the rear door. Same for the ‘68 Coronet 4 door. The wagons had a smooth skin for both car lines.
027C4FEE-0155-4258-AE45-1ADC7569BB1E.jpeg

The Coronet and the Satellite station wagon used the same rear doors ‘68–‘70. In this pic of two ‘68 Satellites, you can see the 4 door had matching body lines for the rear door. Same for the ‘68 Coronet 4 door. The wagons had a smooth skin for both car lines.View attachment 1503318
Ah interesting to see the comparison. So it's looking like it's close. I wonder how much of the 4 door whiskers can just be used on the wagon for the rear doors. Seems like it should be quite a bit. Luckily my door skins are good so that's not a concern!

Ah interesting to see the comparison. So it's looking like it's close. I wonder how much of the 4 door whiskers can just be used on the wagon for the rear doors. Seems like it should be quite a bit. Luckily my door skins are good so that's not a concern!
The length of the doors are the same. The wagons have a different frame and glass.

Yes.

Wagons have square cornered window frames vs a 4 door sedan's rounded frames.

That can be changed but a fair amount of skilled work is involved.

Yes.

Wagons have square cornered window frames vs a 4 door sedan's rounded frames.

That can be changed but a fair amount of skilled work is involved.
Oh I have intention of changing it (besides I don't have the skill even if I wanted). I'm just trying to kick my habit of immediately ordering parts that are wrong before doing my research.

Auto Transport Service
Back