• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artemis moon rocket launch in about 1 hour!

Tony Tee

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Hoping to see it from south east Ocala Florida this morning. Here's my view! Hopefully I can see it between the clouds.
20220829_065621.jpg

Lift off scrubbed for today.

The next launch window is this Friday. And I don't work Fridays. so this will be a great opportunity to see the launch from Daytona beach! And without losing any time from work.. YAY!

When it fires off but before lift off like to know if ground shakes. It's held down for a few seconds to build thrust. They could detect ground shake several hundred miles away with Saturn V. That was with a seismograph, thought you might feel it being close.

should be a cool deal... :popcorn:

Daytona should be a good place to watch from, as the trajectory is supposed to be to the northeast. As many launches that I have seen over the years, you’d think I would have driven up to watch from up close, but I just hate sitting in traffic and dealing with the crowds. I think the best shuttle launch I seen was one quiet evening I was out fishing in the ocean. The sound was very loud and I think the water vibrated, if that is possible.

Auto Transport Service
Back