• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking your opinion; best wheel package for a 1970 Super Bee

magster65

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
I'm running these black dog dish wheels. I have the caps but I prefer the look without. They're cool but I'd like to get a second set of flashier wheels for it. Rallyes, Magnums... mags? Old school or new? Just thought I'd tap into the collective here and see what you folks like. Post me a pic of your favorites?
Thanks!

20230612_102821.jpg

20230106_151555.jpg

It depends what you're looking for. Steel wheels were thrown in the garbage as soon as possible back in the day. Nobody drove with taxicab wheels on their musclecar. So... are you seeking the OE look ? Then, rallyes or magnums are your choice. Day-2 look that was common back then ? Pick and choose your favorite style... Cragar SS, Torq-thrust, Keystones, etc. and make that ride POP !

I really like American racing torque thrust D’s on these cars. Also, if you want something more protouring esq I like the US Mag 111 in grey.

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

these would look good staggered 17’s and 18’s

Last edited:
I go for old school K.eystones. I think they would fit the style of your car great.
20220503_173812.jpg

They all look good but some chrome magnum 500's would compliment that car nicely.Kinda like a designer suit on a handsome man.

Dark colored wheels would look good on your car. Not Cragars. Magnums or Keystone Classics as well.
I'm running these black dog dish wheels. I have the caps but I prefer the look without. They're cool but I'd like to get a second set of flashier wheels for it. Rallyes, Magnums... mags? Old school or new? Just thought I'd tap into the collective here and see what you folks like. Post me a pic of your favorites?
Thanks!

View attachment 1536093

View attachment 1536098
THey would go good with the black stripe and scoops.

Bright colors and shiny chrome go well together.

20231001_112132.jpg

Thanks!

View attachment 1536093

View attachment 1536098
The car looks great. I wouldn’t mess with it. Can I ask what tire size and wheels size you’re running?

Here’s one of my favorites, since you asked, I think something like this would work

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4441.jpeg

I like the street fighter look of Centerlines if you jack the back end up a bit. Depends on the look or image you want to portray. On my ’70 wannabee I’m doing road wheels or Magnum 500’s, but that’s with a stock height rear end.

I've always been a fan of the classic stock Mag-500 wheels. I changed from the 3-piece to chromes a few years ago 14 to 15. If I had to do over, I sure like the aluminum mag wheels. A more subtle flash from chrome. Like Keystones having those on my Challenger back when. Have had white-letter tires for 50 years and if I do another change, I'd likely do something different here too..

Magnum Wheel Plymouth.jpg

I've always been a fan of the classic stock Mag-500 wheels. I changed from the 3-piece to chromes a few years ago 14 to 15. If I had to do over, I sure like the aluminum mag wheels. A more subtle flash from chrome. Like Keystones having those on my Challenger back when. Have had white-letter tires for 50 years and if I do another change, I'd likely do something different here too..

View attachment 1536162

ryen.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back