• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best or coolest picture you've taken?

mmissile

Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
I took this at Joe Louis Arena/Detroit, a few years back. I had to take 30-40 of the flame-thrower, to know I'd have one good one. Did a Meet-n-Greet with the Crue.
I have lots of great concert photos, but this one is cool. Looks great on my PC at night when the lights are out.

Nikki Sixx desktop.jpg

I can't think of one I've taken but my son, Bryce sent me this the other day. He's an engineer for the Colorado Department Of Transportation. He had to go out and supervise an operation on Saturday night. I think this machine is eating asphalt. He said it looked like something from Jurassic Park. I thought it looked like something from Terminator in the future. Anyway, CDOT saw it and asked if they could use it on their website.

cdot.jpg

I took this from under the old Port Mann bridge about 12 years ago, showing the Fraser River below. The bridge has since been replaced. (New bridge tower going up on the left) I often had a camera with me at work.
1689739887660.png

Since I'm an amateur photographer, it's tough to narrow down one, but I would say this is one of my favorite "coolest" shots. We were traveling and at an RV park in the Santa Rosa Campground in New Mexico we had a great lightning storm. I left the comfort of the RV and set on foot to get a better vantage point. Not the smartest thing I've done, but I got my photos and I didn't get stuck down by lightning.

santa-rosa-nm-060716-03.jpg

Nothing fancy, just Miami beach (Australia) looking toward Surfers Paradise. Photo came out nice.
20230719_141726.jpg

Hard to choose one, but this one is a fav... seems like a lifetime ago. Rush, 100 years before 2112:

2112-100.jpg

My son. PTSD therapy.
Working on the truck bed
of our current build. He was
a wreck after returning home
from three combat tours in
Iraq. The old addadge 'Time
Heals All Wounds' is what I
have named this pic.
20200530_151222.jpg

I don't take many pics at all.. there are more pics of my car in my build thread than anything else in my life.. but this would be my favorite.
ike (1).jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

Late 70s at Humbolt Co. Dragway.
Cheap Kodak plastic camera.
I just allways liked this water box pic of my brother inlaws car.

Like mentioned above, I have a lot of pictures that mean a lot to me and nothing to anyone else. My family and some as simple as a picture of a beautiful young lady that lived across the street from me, that her parents have allowed me to help raise and blend our lives together from 3 to her now college years. As far as just pictures, this picture was taken at my farm and was just a picture caught at the right place and time of the day.
IMG_6962.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back