• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Quality Car Covers

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Okay I did the search as I know,this was a topic not too long ago - no results came up. Probably operator error.

At any rate can I get some response on the best/right car cover to buy for my newly painted GTX. It's going to be kept in a garage but as you know they become dust and dirt magnets. There were several pretty strong opinions on which ones were better for which application. If I remember correctly there was a quality one out of SoCal.

Im not looking to spend a fortune - that's already been done on the car resto. Can I get a little advice from FBBO Brothers?

I would go with California car cover. I had two of there covers on two different cars. for my 65 satellite I getting one from them. they have a large assortment of different materials to choose from and patterns to fit your car. 800-423-5525

Dumb question - what do you do about the antenna? Do you have to take it off every time you cover the car?

Last edited:
Lowest cost. $36.99 - to the door. Time will tell.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have used California Car Covers on several of my garage kept cars for years and am very happy with the fit and quality. I think mine are the "ultra weave", gray canvas on the outside and soft flannel on the inside. No dust, no scratches (as long as you are careful to not get something stuck on the flannel side when you install it.

Bud

I bought a cheap one and hated it. My wife bought me a California Car Cover for Xmas two years ago, absolutely love it. Fits like a glove and has never even remotely been blown off during any wind. I've been caught in two storms with it on and has been flawless.

As mentioned I couldn't bring myself to cut a hole in a $300 car cover so I just unscrew the antenna when putting it on.

Seems like California Car Cover is the top choice. I just bought one of the dust top versions as recommended. Being shipped as we speak. Thx for all the great feedback. It is pricey so I hope I'm happy with this cover.

Another question - if you need to in a pinch can you put the dust top cover on while In a rainstorm outside w/o ruining the cover. I understand it's for inside use only. Any opinions from owners.

Sonny has about 3 of them (CC)....why make a nice tent for the mice, bugs,mold, mildew,....... & foreign objects to scratch when sliding on and off?
Cookie goes commando!lol!
JMVHO

CCC here too.....bought it in 1980 for a Challenger that I kept for 18 years. Sold the car and still have the cover today and it's on a 66 Belvedere now. Yeah, they get dirty but a good rising with a water hose (on another car :D) helps keep it clean.

CCC says they're washable too. Okay to have in the rain if you're careful not to tear it when you take it off. Expensive but if you only buy one once - I like to tuck my baby in at night. Just got my cover today.

CCC says they're washable too. Okay to have in the rain if you're careful not to tear it when you take it off. Expensive but if you only buy one once - I like to tuck my baby in at night. Just got my cover today.
Mine is pretty heavy duty......no tears but there are a couple or worn places. After all, it's pretty old lol

If on the road and I know it will pour rain, I don't cover. Hard to dry in Motels. Dustop.

Auto Transport Service
Back