• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best safe place to stop overnight in carolinas?

4spEd

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
I moved to Florida in september but car is still in ny. Sometime this month I will drive it down to Florida. I could use recommendations on where is a safe are to have car overnight. I would like to stop in South Carolina. A B&B would be fine as there wont be alot of traffic driving by like the chain hotels. Preferably not to far from 95.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

AVOID ANY KNIGHTS INN's Unless you want crack deals and drunks walking around sloppy drunk all hours of the night. Also forgot to mention waking up freaked the hell out by a hair weave in the bed with you.. Scared the **** out of me thought it was a wookie.

Find a Dealership or a Tire Store and put it in for an oil change or tire repair for the evening. Gets locked up inside then.

I trust you are coming down I-95
If so I would look to Charleston or Summerville. Both are within an hour drive of the I-26 and 1-95
Interchange. Catch a little history and enjoy the low country.

AVOID ANY KNIGHTS INN's Unless you want crack deals and drunks walking around sloppy drunk all hours of the night. Also forgot to mention waking up freaked the hell out by a hair weave in the bed with you.. Scared the **** out of me thought it was a wookie.
Not to mention the giant roaches, and the foul smell in the hallways.

I stayed in Roanoke Rapids, NC several times on my trips to/from NYS. It's about 8 hours from Long Island.

If you want to drive longer than 8 hours on your first day, then drive to Pooler, Georgia. Take the Savannah Airport exit, and turn LEFT. There are a half dozen hotels less than a 1/2 mile from I-95. Long Island to Pooler is a 14 hour drive.

I wouldn't stay overnight anywhere south of Ridgeland, S.C. when in S.C. Ridgeland is 13 hours from Long Island.

Of course, driving around D.C. on the beltway and on I-95 in northern Virginia can add HOURS to the normal driving times mentioned above.

Please note that there is a huge deer population in South Carolina. Driving at night can be interesting.

I have a Guesthouse that your are welcome to stay in. King bed and a Queen bed. Bout 40 miles off of 95. It’s really nice . If you’re interested just let me know.

Man you better hurry up! They are calling for more snow in WNY this week and we had some over the past weekend and the salters were out here in full force! Get that baby south and beat the weather! :D
:thumbsup:

I have a Guesthouse that your are welcome to stay in. King bed and a Queen bed. Bout 40 miles off of 95. It’s really nice . If you’re interested just let me know.
Thanks for the offer, I am trying to stay as close to 95 as possible to keep trip as quick as possible. I really appreciate the offer though. When I drove the other vehicles I stopped in Walterboro, SC. It is a high traffic area though.

Thanks for the offer, I am trying to stay as close to 95 as possible to keep trip as quick as possible. I really appreciate the offer though. When I drove the other vehicles I stopped in Walterboro, SC. It is a high traffic area though.

I wouldn't stay in Walterboro.

I would not stay there either. I do play the Banjo and Don’t worry about banjo music

I moved to Florida in september but car is still in ny. Sometime this month I will drive it down to Florida. I could use recommendations on where is a safe are to have car overnight. I would like to stop in South Carolina. A B&B would be fine as there wont be alot of traffic driving by like the chain hotels. Preferably not to far from 95.

Thanks in advance.

Ed
I would never stop overnight at a hotel with a car and trailer without it being watched by someone, I have heard of too many horror stories around here in Vegas and many other places where the next morning they come out to find their car and trailer and or the tow vehicle also gone!! Like you stated something like a bed and breakfast or as uncomfortable as it may be I would probably just get as much sleep as I could and stay with the vehicles most of the time and recooperate when I got home.

My brother was in the room next door. This is no lie I swear on my mothers name. He found big old chunk of meth in his room. I found the freaking hair weave and some pot shake all over the damn night stand. It took me a week of showers to feel clean again.. Knights Inn Greensboro SC nastiest place on the face of the earth. WHO MAKES A DAMN BED WITH A WEAVE STILL IN IT. Probably slept on bum spooge too.. ******* places like that have no place on this earth. Pardon my foul language but it still pisses me off.

Auto Transport Service
Back