• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best sounding 440 exhaust setup

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
I am about to put exhaust on my car which just has a 440 with open headers now. I want it to be loud but still have a good tone any suggestions on muffler? I was planning on running dual 3 inch back unless someone has any better suggestions?

I have 3" Flowmasters on my Charger. I like those.

I have 3" 40 series Flowmasters on the Road Runner and like the sound. I bought the Summit 3" system but didn't like the sound of the mufflers that came with the kit so swapped them for the 40's.

I have 3" TTI with noisemasters on my 66 Bel. Not sure what series but some who seen them say they are 40's. They came on another car I had so I just recycled. To me the sound is best described as open headers with your fingers in your ears to take the edge off. One buddy heard me going down the freeway on an overpass while he was on the surface street and he said it sounded awesome. I was turning about 3800 RPM. I do like the sound but that makes "road testing" a bit more conspicuous.

Coppers sounds good..I like alot better than flowmasters..when you see coppers in youtube..listen to the green charger to the right..600hp charger??

3 inch pipe with Flowmasters. They stop a few inches from rearend & are turned down. Love the sound

TTI's followed by QTP's followed by DynoMax Superturbos. Best of both no drone.

I prefer the sound of open headers.... seriously, though, you may want to check out Pypes. I put in their stuff in my current ride, had to do some fab to make it fit, but the sound is really nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back