• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Waxes These Days?

Bruzilla

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Next week my new paint will be a month old, so it's time to start thinking about getting some wax on it. Since it's been a while since I've had to worry about such things, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the best wax products available these days since the advertising hype all sounds the same.

Car is black with a base/clear paint job.

I use the California Car Cover's wax. It comes in a bottle.
They also have a "swirl" remover and a paint polish.
WHY? I personally like it.

1. Turtle wax is too hard to remove
2. Meguiars: not for me...
3. Mothers: GOOD, Very good!
4. Ca Car Covers premium wax: Works best for me.
PS: Yes, it has Canuba

Just MY opinion.
Good luck!

"super-bee_ski"

Attachments

• 2687_t.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 416
I agree about the turtle wax! Other than that, I usually pick up mothers/maquires/whatever the fleet farm closes out at the end of the season........

I use the 3M Perfect-It show car wax typically. Buy it at the local paint store.
Otherwise the Meguiar's professional line...Gold Class isn't too bad.

I do use the Mother's Clay Bar kit from time to time...Works great! Saved my rear when I ended up with Eastwood Chassis Black Extreme overspray ended up all over my Roadrunner. Damn cracked open garage window worked like a vacuum

Why do you ot like Maguire's?

I've gotten spoiled by their quick wax.

I am speaking specifically about new paint, not old paint.

The guy who painted mine said if I wanted to wax it prior to bringing it back for its final cut and polish of the new paint job, to use Malco Cherry Flash...that it does not leave any residues on (in) the paint and he could still work his magic. He said if I used any typical off the shelf stuff, that my car would not end up with that deep, wet look to it. Is he jerking my chain? Don't know...don't care. That's all he uses...and he puts out show quality cars. I found some at the local Chevy dealer and bought a bottle. Until somebody shows me better results, it's all I will put on this car. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Personal preference

Personally, I prefer the paste version on Meguiars gold class. It is a good all around wax.

On new paint I would steer clear of anything that polishes unless you feel that you didn't polish it enough already.

turtle wax is horrible.

I've used some of the newer "ices" and other hydrophobic waxes and they are OK, but the carnuba based ones I have found provide the most consistent results.

In general, if the surface is great, the wax isn't going to make too much difference.

Just IMO.

Randy

I love the Maguires products. Theirs is the only wax I can polish my artificial eye with that it does not irritate it.

super glaze

I used to be ocd when it came to keeping my vehicles washed and waxed, I tried everything, simonize in the yellow can which you can use on furniture as well. the best of the best imo, super glaze brand Not their cleaner wax (works great polishing glaze. you can put it on in the balzing sun and it wipes right off with out any effort and if it gets on any flat black it wipes right off with no residue, it lasts for ever. like i said great stuff

This is the products we use on our classic and new mustang. Been using these for years with no issues. Great folks and great products,on my daily drivers i use whatever i get as door prizes at cruiseins. http://classicmotorsdetailstore.com/

adam's butter wax is the best. ez on, ez off, and lasts forever

Adams or Griots. Adams is American made stuff. Griot blue micro fibers are super soft. Both good products.

Back in my car show days, 99 T/A, I would claybar and then layer the wax. I have use most of them and some I use for the first coat and then different on the next coats. What I used depends on where the show was going to be. Inside, outside, how much sun, temp, ect... I just repainted the GTX black and will wax it in a couple of weeks. Have to think what I want to use. Will have to seal the paint from the dust.

Dave F

for a quick shine i use the lucas spray wax, made a believer outta me

Auto Transport Service
Back